- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 8 Guests
Tucked away in the picturesque West Sussex Village of Fittleworth, this beautiful three-bedroom stone cottage is a tranquil holiday hideaway for up to eight people. Wooden beams and exposed brick walls feature in the vast open plan living space which opens completely to the secluded garden edged with woodland. The peace and luxury of your surroundings will allow you and your party to fully recharge away from the hubbub of city life.
Note: Pets are NOT allowed.
We will be available to assist throughout your stay but we do not live on site at the property. Should you have any special requests, please get in touch and we will do our best to help.
Fittleworth is nestled into the South Downs National Park between Pulborough and Petworth. It is a 20 minute drive to Goodwood, the home of world class motor and horse racing events, just 18 miles from Chichester and 9 miles from the historic town of Arundel in West Sussex. The...
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Dryer In Home
Carbon Monoxide Alarm
Washer In Home
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 30 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) reservation is canceled within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made 11 days before arrival.
- 30 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 30 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation, the remaining 50% will be charged 30 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with Points or Cash & Points: 100% of payment of both Cash & Points will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 30 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 30 days before arrival: 100% refund.
- HOLIDAY LETTING BOOKING CONDITIONS
- Property Manager (as defined in condition 1.1 below) acts as agent for and on behalf of the Owner (as defined in condition 1.1 below). Reservations for accommodation by the Guest (as defined in condition 1.1 below) are made on and subject to the following terms and conditions. Bookings are only accepted in accordance with condition 2.3 below, at which point a binding contract exists between the Guest and the Owner for the holiday letting of the Property. Property Manager acts only as agent of the Owner at all times.
- 1 Interpretation
- 1.1 In these Conditions the following words shall have the following meanings:
- Booking Form: means the online booking form on the Property Managers website including these Conditions
- Cleaning Fee: means the cleaning fee identified in the ’Booking Details’ of the Booking Form
- Conditions: means these terms and conditions
- Contract: means the contract formed in accordance with condition 2.3 below for the use of the Property during the Holiday period in accordance with these Conditions
- Deposit: means the sum stated as ‘Required Down Payment’ in the ’Booking Details’ of the Booking Form
- Extras: means the sums identified as such on the Booking Form including but not limited to the price of the damage protection plan referred to in condition 4.2 below.
- Guest: the person submitting a booking for the Property on the Booking Form
- Holiday Period: means the period identified in the ‘Booking Summary’ on the Booking Form
- Licence Fee: means the sum stated in the ’Booking Summary’ of the Booking Form in respect of the Holiday Period
- Owner: the owner of the Property
- Property: the property identified on the Booking Form
- Where the Owner or the Guest consists of two or more persons, obligations expressed or implied to be made by or with them are deemed to be made by or with those persons jointly and severally (this means that they will each be liable for all sums due and not just a proportionate part).
- 2.1 Bookings may only be submitted online on a Booking Form accompanied by payment of the Deposit.
- 2.2 In submitting a Booking Form the Guest:
- 2.2.1 agrees to these Conditions;
- 2.2.2 agrees to be responsible for all persons included in the booking; and
- 2.2.3 warrants that he is over 18 years of age at the time of booking and that all members of his or her party are aware of these Conditions and have agreed to be bound by them.
- 2.3 A booking is only accepted if and when Property Manager sends a confirmation of booking, on behalf of the Owner, at which point the Contract comes into existence between the Owner and the Guest.
- 3 Licence to occupy
- 3.1 Subject to formation of a contract as referred to in condition 2.3, the Owner permits the Guest to occupy the Property for the Holiday Period in return for the Licence Fee (full payment of which is required in advance).
- 3.2 The right granted to the Guest in condition 3.1 is personal to the Guest and the Guest must not use the Property except for the purpose of a holiday by the Guest and the Guest’s family during the Holiday Period and not for any other purpose or longer period.
- 3.3 The right granted to the Guest in condition 3.1 is not intended to create the relationship of landlord and tenant. For the avoidance of doubt, the Guest shall not be entitled to a tenancy or to an assured shorthold or assured tenancy or to any statutory protection under the Housing Act 1988 or to any other statutory security of tenure now or when the licence referred to in condition 3.1 ends.
- 4 Payment
- The Guest must pay the Licence Fee, the Cleaning Fee and the Extras (or any balance outstanding, as the case may be) no later than 30 days prior to the Commencement of the Holiday Period or if booking within 30 days before the commencement of the Holiday Period full payment must be made at the time of booking.
- 4.2 The Guest agrees to purchase a non-refundable damage protection plan offered by Property Manager for £69 (including an administration fee of £10) which will automatically be added to the Extras on the Booking Form. This provides cover for up to £1000 of unintentional damage to the Property that occurs during the Holiday Period. The Guest acknowledges that the damage protection plan does not provide cover for intentional acts that may cause damage nor damage caused by pets and agrees to pay for all damage in excess of £1000 and for damage that is not covered by the damage protection plan.
- 5 Arrival
- 5.1 The Guest check-in time is 4:00 PM on the day of commencement of the Holiday Period. The Owner is unable to guarantee early check-in requests as this may not allow sufficient time for cleaning to the required standards. In instances where an early check-in is agreed, a £25 early check-in fee will apply which must be paid prior to commencement of the licence referred to in condition 3.1. Availability of early check-ins must be confirmed with Property Manager on the day of arrival.
- 5.2 Immediately upon arrival, the Guest must notify Property Manager of any noticeable damage or condition requiring repair or maintenance.
- 6 Departure
- 6.1 The Guest check-out time is 10:00 am on the last day of the Holiday Period by which time the Guest must have vacated the Property, with all the Guest’s family and effects. Failure to do so will result in the Guest being charged a late departure fee calculated as follows:
- 6.1.1 £100.00 for up to one hour after the check-out time;
- 5.1.2 £200.00 for up to two hours after the check-out time; and
- 6.1.3 a sum equal to the daily letting rate for the Property for two hours or more after the check-out time.
- 6.2 The Guest hereby irrevocably authorises the Owner and Property Manager to remove the Guest’s belongings from the Property at the Guest’s expense should the Guest not have vacated the Property by the check-out time.
- 6.3 The Guest must report all damage at the Property to Property Manager prior to departure. Within 45 days following the expiry of the Holiday Period, the Property will be inspected by Property Manager and an inventory of missing and or damaged items prepared [and submitted to the Guest]. To the extent any damage is not covered by the damage protection plan referred to in condition 4.2, the Guest hereby authorises Property Manager to take payment against the security deposit. Typical costs for damaged/missing items are as follows:
- Beach Towel Fee: £25 per towel for any missing/damaged/stolen/purchased towel.
- Parking Pass: £50 per pass for any missing/damaged/stolen pass. Missing Door Key: £250 per key for any missing/damaged/stolen key.
- Furniture: £50 fee for moving around furniture from its original position. Upon departure, please ensure the furniture remains as presented upon arrival.
- Tablet: £250 for a stolen guest tablet.
- 7 Keys and Pets
- 7.1 Property Manager will issue to the Guest one set of keys to the Property and the Guest must return them to Property Manager on the last day of the Holiday Period. If the Guest loses a key the Owner will replace it upon the Guest paying the reasonable cost of having a replacement cut.
- 7.2 The Guest will not bring any pets on to the Property without the prior written consent of the Owner. If the Owner does consent, at the sole discretion of the Owner, the Guest will be required to pay a non- refundable pet fee of £150. If non-approved pets are brought on to the property, the Owner reserves the right to terminate this Contract, charge a fee of £250 for additional cleaning and require the Guest to vacate the Property immediately and all amounts paid under this Contract shall be retained by the Owner.
- 8 Guest’s obligations
- 8.1 The Guest must:
- 8.1.1 keep the Property and the furnishings, kitchen equipment, crockery and glasses clean and in good condition and the bedding and towels in good condition and be responsible for repairing any damage;
- 8.1.2 not cause any damage to the walls, doors or windows of the Property;
- 8.1.3 not do anything that may reasonably be considered to cause a nuisance or annoyance to the Owner or to any occupier of adjoining or neighbouring premises;
- 8.1.4 not do or permit any act that would invalidate or increase the premium payable under the Insurance Policy;
- 8.1.5 not hold any parties, weddings, receptions or meetings at the Property during the Holiday Period;
- 8.1.6 not allow or permit any motor homes, trailers, boats or motorcycles on the Property during the Holiday Period; and
- 8.1.7 not exceed the total number of guests set out in the Booking Summary on the Booking Form.
- 8.2 In the event of breach of any of the conditions in this condition 6, the Owner has the right to terminate this Contract with immediate effect and require the Guests to vacate the Property immediately. If the police are called to the Property at any time during the Holiday Period, the Guest shall allow Property Manager’s representatives to walk-through the property unannounced with a police escort.
- 8.3 The Guest agrees that the Owner or its respective representatives, including but not limited to contractors and pest control technicians, shall be granted access to the Property when the Owner determines that it is necessary.
- 9 Owner’s obligations
- 9.1 The Owner shall:
- 9.1.1 allow the Guest and the Guest’s family enjoyment and use of the Property for the Holiday Period free of interruption except in emergency; and
- 9.1.2 provide clean bed linen and towels, drying-up cloths, soap, lavatory paper, washing-up liquid, soap powder and cleaning materials as reasonably required during the Holiday Period.
- 10 Safety regulations
- 10.1 The Owner confirms that:
- 10.1.1 the furniture and furnishings comply with the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations 1988;
- 10.1.2 the electrical appliances and equipment provided by the Owner are safe; and
- 10.1.3 the Property is suitably equipped with smoke alarms (and, where appropriate, with carbon monoxide alarms) that are in proper working order.
- 10.2 If there is a gas supply to the Property, the Owner confirms compliance with the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 and that a copy of the record of the appropriate inspection and safety check has been provided to the Guest prior to this Contract.
- 11 Failures and Maintenance Problems
- 11.1 The Owner cannot guarantee against failure of electrical supply, plumbing, water supply, air conditioning, heating, lifts, audio visual equipment, computers or internet access, or appliances. The Owner shall not provide refunds or Licence Fee reductions nor be liable or deemed in default under this Contract, for any and all Property maintenance issues, failures or malfunctions including, but not limited to, pest control and housekeeping maintenance issues.
- 11.2 The Guest shall immediately notify Property Manager in writing, of any problem, malfunction or damage to the Property and shall pay for any damage to the Property as a result of failure to report a problem, malfunction or damage to Property Manager in a timely manner. The Owner agrees to address maintenance issues as quickly as possible.
- 12 Personal Items
- 12.1 The Owner is not responsible for the Guest’s personal belongings that are lost, stolen, damaged or left behind. A £25.00 retrieval fee will be charged, and if found, the items will be returned at the Guest’s expense. The Guest shall bear the sole risk of loss, including loss of or to any of his/her own possessions which he/she has placed in or on the Property, and shall be responsible for insuring his/ her own possessions against fire, theft, bodily injury and other catastrophes.
- 13 Termination/Cancellation
- 13.1 If the Owner or Property Manager as agent of the Owner receives notification prior to 30 days before the commencement date of the Holiday Period of the Guest’s notice to cancel the Contract, the Owner will return the Deposit to the Guest and will be immediately released from all obligations in the Contract.
- 13.2 This Contract may be terminated before the end of the Holiday Period by the Owner without notice in the event of the Guest being in material breach of the terms of this Contract or if the Property becomes uninhabitable by reason of an event covered by any insurance policy. In the case of termination otherwise than by reason of the Guest’s default, the Owner shall return to the Guest the appropriate proportion of the Licence Fee attributable to the then unexpired remainder of the Holiday Period.
- 14 Loss or damage suffered by the Guest
- 14.1 The Owner is responsible to the Guest for foreseeable loss and damage caused by the Owner. If the Owner fails to comply with these Conditions, the Owner is responsible for loss or damage suffered by the Guest that is a foreseeable result of the Owner breaking this Contract or failing to use reasonable care and skill, but the Owner is not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the Contract was made, both parties knew it might happen.
- 14.2 The Owner does not exclude or limit in any way his liability to the Guest where it would be unlawful to do so, and this provision takes precedence over any contrary provision in these Conditions. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence or the negligence of the Owner’s employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- 15 Personal data
- 15.1 The Owner will only use the Guest’s personal information for the purpose of performing this Contract.
- 16 Notices
- 16.1 Any reference in these Conditions to "in writing" includes email.
- 16.2 Any notice or other communication given under or in connection with the Contract must be in writing and be delivered personally, sent by pre-paid first-class post or other next working day delivery service, or email.
- 16.3 A notice or other communication is deemed to have been received
- 16.3.1 if delivered personally, on signature of a delivery receipt or at the time the notice is left at the proper address;
- 16.3.2 if sent by pre-paid first-class post or other next working day delivery service, at 9.00 am on the second working day after posting; or
- 16.3.3 if sent by email, at 9.00 am the next working day after transmission.
- 16.4 In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an email, that such email was sent to the specified email address of the addressee.
- 16.5 The provisions of this condition will not apply to the service of any proceedings or other documents in any legal action.
- 17 Severance
- If any term of these Conditions is, in whole or in part, held to be illegal or unenforceable to any extent under any enactment or rule of law, that term or part shall to that extent be deemed not to form part of these Conditions and the enforceability of the remainder of these Conditions shall not be affected.
- 18 Jurisdiction
- The Owner and the Guest agree that this Contract shall be exclusively governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- 19 Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999
- This Contract shall not operate to confer any rights on any third party (other than Property Manager) and no person other than the parties to it may enforce any provision of this Contract by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.