Hale Maluhia (Big Island)
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 8 Guests
This stunning three-bedroom, three-bathroom home is just a few minutes from Kailua Kona town center and offers accommodation for up to eight guests. Perched upon a knoll at the ideal elevation of 920’ above sea level, the Property provides mesmerizing panoramic views of over 20 miles of the Pacific Ocean and Kona coastline, perfectly encapsulating the essence of the Hawaiian word "Iolani" (Heavenly Hawk). Nothing has been spared in this beautiful home to make your stay comfortable and relaxing!
Experience complete privacy in this gated acre of tropical paradise, surrounded by mature Hawaiian landscaping, including colorful and aromatic flowering plants, fruit trees, and palms. Step into the home through a private courtyard entrance, where you’ll find a tastefully decorated interior adorned with contemporary artwork to bring the beauty of the ocean indoors.
The main living space boasts large custom glass doors...
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Tennis Courts: Community
No Pets Allowed
Free Parking: On-site
Air Conditioning: Central
Washer On Property
First Aid Kit
Dryer On Property
Daily Housekeeping: Available on request
Chef Services: Available on request
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 60 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) reservation is canceled within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made 11 days before arrival.
- 60 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 60 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation, the remaining 50% will be charged 60 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with Points or Cash & Points: 100% of payment of both Cash & Points will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 60 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 60 days before arrival: 100% refund.
- Welcome to Hale Maluhia!
- During certain times of the year, Ironman, Christmas and the High Seasons you may experience slowed performance. If you are experiencing technical difficulties please reference the Wi-Fi troubleshooting document in the guest book).
- To Turn on the TV press: TV- Power and then Cable- Power (make sure the sliding doors are open on the TV cabinet)
- ALARM SYSTEM
- Alarm panel is located in the hallway by the office. To Disarm the alarm: Hit OFF then 4785 To Arm the alarm (leaving the house): Hit AWAY then 4785 To Arm the alarm (Staying in the home: at night): Hit STAY then 4785
- There are instruction manuals for the appliances to the left of the wine cooler in the kitchen-bottom left drawer.
- GAS GRILL
- Gas Grill- is located on the back lanai and is available for use. Turn on gas tank under the grill. Please turn off gas tank after each use. (For your convenience, there is an extra propane tank stored in the garage)
- FANS, LIGHTS, AIR CONDITIONERS
- Please turn off the fans, lights and air conditioners when you leave for an extended period and when you depart the island. **Multiple lights in the living room are on a dimmer switch; make sure the switch is turned up for the light to work. (Please be mindful of electric use- Hawaii has the highest electric rates in the country. Lights and fans off, and hand wash small loads of dishes).
- There are beach and pool towels available for guests. Beach Chairs, are located in the garage for guests to enjoy. Please return them at the end of your stay.
- There is weekly pool maintenance on Tuesday’s between 10am- 1 pm. *The pool pump and vacuum are on a timer. Please do not remove the vacuum from the pool.
- There is a weekly yard service every Monday. There is usually a crew of 4 gardeners.
- Please park your car in the garage or in the driveway. (Transportation vehicles, including bicycles, mopeds, golf carts and motorcycles shall be operated only on the road. Please do not park on the grass. Vehicles shall travel at speeds no greater than the posted speed limit. Drivers shall observe traffic and directional signs. Any occupant or guest that violates the parking and vehicle regulations may have their vehicle towed or booted at their own expense).
- Trash shall be disposed of only in the trash receptacles located on the side of the garage. Trash Pick-up is on Friday at 7 a.m., so please make sure to have all rubbish inside of the trash cans by Thursday Evening. Please No flammable, combustible cans are allowed to be disposed of in the trash can. The garbage company (PFI) will come through the gate Friday morning for pick-up. After the trash has been picked up please retrieve the cans and put them in their original position.
- FUSE/ELECTRICAL BOX
- There 1 fuse box located behind the door in the laundry room.
- WATER HEATER
- Water Heater is Propane. There is a 120 gallon on demand water tank located in the garage. If the hot water seems not to be working, try checking the thermostat in the garage (it should have numbers showing what the water temperature is set at. If there are no numbers try turning it off and then on again and then check the GFI reset (electrical wall plug). The GFI is located behind the door on the wall in the laundry room.
- Please Do not feed the birds, cats or geckos on the lanai or wandering around the property.
- DEPARTURE TIME
- Please comply with the required check out time of 11am. We frequently have guests checking in at 4:00pm and need every minute to clean the house to provide the standard each guests deserves. Please lock all windows and doors, remove trash, empty the refrigerator, turn off all appliances and, fans, lights and check for your belongings. Please leave sheets on the bed and we ask that you please launder excess bath and beach towels. *Excess means more than 1 set per guest. A set is 1 bath towel, 1 hand towel, 1 wash cloth, and 1 beach towel.
- ELECTRIC PIG FENCE
- Guests are hereby notified that a solar powered electric fence is operational along the slope adjacent to a boundary wall to deter wild pig intrusion into the property and the inherent risk associated with contacting the fence.