Fortezza Di Spinola at Umbria
Fortezza di Spinola sleeps up to ten guests in a magnificently restored medieval fortress that also offers an atmospheric and romantic venue for weddings and other special events.
As you wind your way through olive groves and fields of sunflowers toward Fortezza di Spinola, you are already in view of its medieval watchtower standing proudly above the valley as it has done for almost a 1000 years. At the very top of this tower is an unbelievable honeymoon suite, with it’s own private terrace offering unrivalled views of the entire region.
This property stands out for its ability to provide the upmost luxury without sacrificing the character of this ancient military fortification. The kitchen is decorated with a sea of copper pans and golden ornaments, the entire complex has been left with exposed stone work and original teracotta tiling, and baroque period furnishings carved from thick oak and walnut. Yet still, the building...
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
1 hour from Perugia, 3 hours from Rome by taxi or rented car. You could walk to the city centre (5 minutes) where you will find a restaurant, a grocery shop and a bar. You could easily reach by car other cities like Perugia, Foligno, Spoletp, Spello all fascinating and with its own typical products like olive oil, wine, truffles, mushrooms etc..
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Access and Accessibility
- Wheelchair access
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €2000 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Security deposit : 2000 Euros for food & beverages as guests usually dine at the villa. At the end of the week the money not used will be returned with receipts.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Security deposit : Weddings and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Changeover day : Saturday approximately June to mid-September. Flexible during all other periods.
- Minimum stay : 3 nights.
- Other Ts and Cs : A welcome dinner is included for bookings of 7 nights or more.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Other Ts and Cs : Air-conditioning is featured in the bedrooms only.