Stunning Villa in a Tranquil Setting with Inviting Pool and Incredible Views
Villa Tirelli is a stunning converted farmhouse in a superb tranquil setting in the Val D’Orcia, southern Tuscany. Located just south of Siena by the spa town of San Casciano dei Bagni, this exceptional villa combines elegant country charm and comfort within spacious grounds, while being in a key position for exploring this enchanting Italian region.
Arriving by way of a country road, your heart will skip a beat as you see Villa Tirelli come into view for the first time. It is Tuscany at its best with its beautifully restored original stone walls, terraces, cypress trees, olive grove and vineyard.
A well-maintained lawn, ideal for ball games or enjoying a peaceful moment, extends to one side of the house. Up a few steps from the garden is the most incredible pool terrace with its inviting pool which can be heated for extra comfort. A scenic stone waterfall, pergola and incredible views across the countryside set a...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Tirelli is situated south of Siena, just 5 minutes drive from the town of San Casciano dei Bagni. The area is known as the ‘Val d’Orcia’, recognised as one of the most striking and historic areas of Italy, now a UNESCO World Cultural Landscape. The beauty of its distinctive flat chalk plains and medieval hill towns has remarkably remained untouched over the centuries, so you can still admire the same landscapes which inspired Renaissance artists such as Leonardo da Vinci. The nearest town of San Casciano dei Bagni is where you will find local shops for supplies and a range of eateries from a simple trattoria to the Michelin star restaurant "Daniela". There are other nearby towns to explore, as well as the seasonal festivals and morning markets. The name ‘’dei bagni’’ means “of the baths” and refers to the thermal springs of the town. A spa offers various health and beauty treatments or you can choose to bathe for free in the hot sulphurated waters of Bagno Bossolo and Bagno Grande. Staying in this area really gives you a connection with its historical routes, as you dip into the same springs as the dignitaries of the Roman Empire. The healing qualities of the thermal springs have drawn visitors through the ages, each leaving their mark, from the Etruscans and Romans, through the Renaissance right up to the present day. Active groups will love exploring the region by way of walking or cycle paths. Within easy reach by car are stunning hill towns and the white thermal pools of Bagni San Filippo. Tuscany is also famous for its wine so be sure to sample the best for a real taste Tuscany, including Brunello from Montalcino and Vino Nobile from Montepulciano. Cross over the border into nearby Umbria and discover the delights of Lake Trasimeno. Take a boat ride, enjoy its family-friendly beaches and pretty lakeside villages. A day trip to Siena is a must, a one and a half hour drive from the villa. With an array of fabulous churches, galleries, restaurants, Renaissance and Gothic architecture and a stunning central piazza which hosts the famous Palio horse race, it’s a fascinating city for all ages.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 payable in cash, upon arrival
- Arrival time : 4.00 - 7.00 pm
- Departure time : 10.00 am
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Linen & towels included in the rental price
- Pets welcome? : Pets allowed on request
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included in the rental price
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking inside the villa
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the prope
- Heating costs included? : Not included in the rental price (according on consumption)
- Pool heating charge? : €300 not included in the rental price
- Changeover day : Saturday
- Tax : Tourist tax not included in the rental price
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included