Stunning and Relaxing Villa in Umbria
Villa Subtila is a beautiful, newly refurbished 16th-century farmhouse set on the top of one of the sloping hills of Umbria. The villa offers spectacular views of the medieval castle of Antognolla and its 18 hole championship golf course.
Villa Subtila is a perfect example of luxury and comfort, offering the unique opportunity to live in the heart of a natural reserve surrounded by woods, olive trees and green valleys. Also, guests can enjoy the comforts and the services of a 5-star resort and swim in a private pool that also contains a Jacuzzi.
Guests can walk through the nature reserve, relax in the shadow of an ancient tree. They can play a round of golf in the 18 hole, Robert Trent Jones Jr. designed, the golf course of Antognolla (two minutes from the villa) or enjoy a glass of prosecco at the golf clubhouse bar.
Villa Subtila accommodates up to 18 guests in the exceptional comfort of two...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
With over 30 per cent of the region’s total area made up of woodland, Umbria is known as “the Green Heart of Italy”. Villa Subtila has the unique advantage of being situated in the very centre of this area steeped with history and tradition. Umbria is one of Italy’s most beautiful and enchanting regions. This tranquil land of saints and ancient mystics, with its romantic countryside and its historically rich medieval hill towns, inspires a special reverence in the hearts of Italians as well as the foreigners visiting it. More than anywhere else, the region seems to represent the country’s spirituality. With less than a million inhabitants, Umbria’s population density is half that of the national average, affording ample room to express individuality. The simple pleasures of country living, surrounded by idyllic natural beauty, is enhanced by art, architecture, wonderful food and wine in nearby towns and cities throughout the two adjoining regions of Lazio and Tuscany. Florence and Rome are within a two hours drive. Siena, Arezzo, Assisi, Todi and Orvieto are all closely linked. The capital city of Perugia is just 20 minutes away and offers a wealth of cultural activities that include opera and the famous Umbria Jazz festival, held every July. Other spectacular hilltop towns include Cortona and Preggio. Preggio has an annual classical music festival and the annual Montone Film Festival which attracts an international audience. During the summer months, open-air concerts and operas are often staged in the gardens of famous villas and palazzos that abound throughout the region. The estate's management can organise many tours and excursions for guests during their stay. Guests have access to an 18 Hole championship golf course, designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr., a golf clubhouse and restaurant facilities within the same estate. They are only 3 minutes distance from the villa. All guests have discounts on the golf green fees. There are a wide range of outdoor pursuits and activities available including hunting, fishing and mountain biking. Villa Subtila is an elegant and stunning villa set up in the Umbrian hills offering a peaceful environment, breathtaking views and the ambiance of Umbria. It also provides discreet, five-star service complemented with the facilities and commodities of an exceptional luxury resort. With its 9 rooms, each individually decorated in warm rich colours, the villa is an authentic Umbrian jewel offering peace and tranquillity in an environment far removed from everyday care. This country estate has risen majestically in the Umbrian region for more than a millennium. Inhabited since prehistoric times, the estate has been witness to many historical events which helped shape Italy today. <b>Location </b>- San Giovanni del Pantano (small grocery store): 1 Km (2 minutes) - Pierantonio (small village with shops, bank, etc..): 6 Km (5 minutes) - Perugia: 15 Km (20 minutes) - Perugia International Airport: 20 Km (25 minutes) - Rome Fiumicino International Airport: 205 Km (2 hours) - Rome Ciampino International Airport: 200 Km (1 hour, 55 minutes) - Florence international Airport: 150 Km (1 hours, 40 minutes) - Assisi: 35 Km (40 minutes) - Gubbio: 30 Km (35 minutes) - Orvieto: 95 Km (55 minutes) - Lake Trasimeno: 20 Km (25 minutes) - Siena: 90 Km (50 minutes) - Spoleto: 75 Km (40 minutes)
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1500 charged to client’s credit card by the owner as a pre-authorisation upon arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Changeover day : Saturday
- Arrival time : 4.00 pm
- Departure time : 10.00 am
- End of stay cleaning included? : €150, not included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Linen & towels are included in the rental price
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Pool heating charge? : Not included in the rental price
- Heating costs included? : Not included in the rental price
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property
- Pets welcome? : Pets are not allowed
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking inside the villa
- Minimum stay : 7 nights
- Other Ts and Cs : The swimming pool is open for your private use in the warmer months, from May to September. Opening or later closure of the pool is available at an extra fee. Please be aware that there is no fence surrounding the pool and therefore we require children using the pool area to be supervised.
- Tax : €1,50 per person for the first two nights and €0.75 per person for the third night. Children up to 14 years old are free
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.