15th-century Residence Restored with Modern Comforts
From the waterfront promenade in glorious Zaton Bay, step straight into a 15th Century residence and be amazed by the luxurious interiors, inviting swimming pool and Mediterranean gardens. It’s hard to believe you are only ten minutes drive from the one of the most beautiful cities in the world, Dubrovnik.
Villa Sophie was constructed in the fifteenth century as a holiday home for a noble family wanting to escape the city heat and entertain friends in this prime location. Centuries later it has been brought back to life under the careful supervision of the Croatian National Heritage. Great care has been taken to restore many historical features such as the original stone open stair-case and the private chapel. Yet the owners have boldly added contemporary designs such as the striking glass bridge between the two upper sea-view terraces and the ultra-smart professional kitchen, a perfect excuse for hiring a private chef...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The small picturesque town of Zaton Bay is located just 10km north-west of Dubrovnik. Zaton stretches around a horse shoe bay and is made up of two areas; Veliki Zaton, which is slightly larger with shops, a supermarket, bakery and charming restaurants and Mali Zaton, the smaller of the two settlements. You can walk along the beautiful promenade combing the two areas, stopping in one of the sea-front restaurants, enjoying a glass of local wine and admiring the views. There are little coves and swimming spots dotted around Zaton, backed by shady pinewood, plus some longer beaches within a long walk or drive. The town has a peaceful and relaxed ambience and it is hard to believe that bustling Dubrovnik is just a short drive by car or taxi. Noble aristocratic families built their summer residences here in Zaton, including Villa Sophie which was created in the 15th century as a place to stay away from the heat of Dubrovnik and a wonderful retreat to host family and friends. With its waterfront location in Veliki Zaton, at the south-west end of the bay, the villa is now a registered Croatian National Heritage monument. There is a wealth of pretty villages and settlements to discover heading further west along the coast. You’ll soon reach the ancient olive groves and picturesque beach at Orašac (4km), then head to Trsteno (7km) with its natural beauty and a long tradition of culture with many artists and poets living there. It’s also worth driving up the coast to Slano (22km) with its gentle bay backed by pine trees and olive groves. In the other direction, Dubrovnik (10km) is known to be one of the most beautiful cities in the world and is a UNESCO World Heritage site with good reason. Walk around the city’s medieval walls dating back to the 13th century, discover the Baroque churches and palazzi in the pedestrianised city centre and dine well in one of the many upmarket restaurants specialising in local seafood. The cable car up to the top of Mount Srdj offers stunning views of the city, sea and islands and keen hikers can walk back down! From Dubrovnik port you can also discover one of the other islands in the Adriatic with a wide choice of boat excursions on offer. Being so close to Dubrovnik means you have so many activities on offer with a wide range of watersports nearby such as jet ski, kayaking and parasailing plus boat rental and fishing. You can also drive inland for further activities in the beautiful Konavle valley (around 40km) where you can explore an area that has retained its old traditions and customs. It’s an area wonderful for walkers with many trails and horse-riding is possible in the countryside and remote coastal paths of the region.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €3000 to be paid in cash upon arrival
- Arrival time : 5.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Included in the rental price, once a week for 7 night stays
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included in the rental price
- Tax : Included in the rental price
- Changeover day : Flexible
- Minimum stay : 7 nights between June - September, otherwise 5 nights
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed
- Smoking Allowed? : Not permitted in the property
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.