Gate House, Clappersgate
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 8 Guests
A substantial and well proportioned four bedroom, three reception room, traditional Grade II* listed Lakeland house believed to date to the 17th century. A delightful and unusual property with a wealth of surprises and original character including lake views,exposed stone flags and spice cupboard in the living room dating to 1680, as well as original exposed beams and floorboards.
3 doubles, with the master having 1 x double bed and 1 x single bed making this a family room with an en-suite and seating area and 1 additional single room. Large family bathroom. The large kitchen has ample seating for meals and there is a large sitting room and two snug areas. There is a concealed priest hole in the wall between the kitchen and the dining room. A huge enclosed garden leading up to a gate at the top that takes you up onto the footpath under Loughrigg with fabulous views over Windermere.
I won’t be available in...
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Free Parking: On-site
Carbon Monoxide Alarm
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 30 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) reservation is canceled within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made 11 days before arrival.
- 30 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 30 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation, the remaining 50% will be charged 30 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with Points or Cash & Points: 100% of payment of both Cash & Points will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 30 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 30 days before arrival: 100% refund.