- 3 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- 10 Guests
Casa Balat, now a green 100% energetically self-sufficient project, is a 300-year old farmhouse set in the hills above breathtaking Noto. Featuring a saltwater pool, gorgeous gardens and an open air Shala for Yoga or similar practices, it’s one hour drive distance from Catania Airport. The surroundings include the beaches of Vendicari reserve, the gorges of Cavagrande reserve, Noto Antica ancient ruins and many UNESCO World Heritage sites.
Published on "LIVING" magazine (see photos).
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Carbon Monoxide Alarm
Air Conditioning: Central
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 60 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) reservation is canceled within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made 11 days before arrival.
- 60 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 60 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation, the remaining 50% will be charged 60 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 60 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 60 days before arrival: 100% refund.
- HOUSE RULES
- 1. No parties allowed.
- 2. Strictly forbidden to light a fire.
- 3. No smoking allowed.
- 4. Pets allowed upon request.
- 5. No unregistered guests allowed.
- 6. Don't eat to drink in the bedrooms or living rooms.
- 7. Always check that you are not getting in the house with dirt below your shoes if you are coming back from a hike for example.
- 8. Minors are not allowed in the pool without the strict supervision of an adult.
- 9. Do not dive in the pool.
- 10. Respect check-in and check-out times.
- 11. Take care of your key. Lost keys incur a replacement fee.
- 12. Take care of the furnishings. They are all high design and you will have to pay for damages.
- 13. Do not rearrange or move the furniture.
- 14. Do your dishes. If you don’t, you will incur in an extra cleaning fee of 50€.
- 15. Respect the recycling system and separate bins (see the “Trash” chapter of the House book) and take the trash out before you leave. If you don’t, you will incur in an extra cleaning fee of 50€.
- 16. No illegal substances allowed on the premises.
- 17. After using the hob / stove ALWAYS place the twistpad back to its safe place, on the metal bar above the hob. If you damage or lose the twistpad you will incur in a 150€ extra fee. See the “Appliances” chapter of the House Book for details.
- Breakfast is an optional service for 20€/person and includes coffee/cappuccino, croissainterie selection, yogurt, fresh fruits, cereals, served between 7.30 and 9.30.
- CHECK-IN + CHECK-OUT
- Check-in is from 3pm and check-out until 10am. We'd really appreciate if you could stick to these times. If you would like to request a late check-out, please contact us and we will try our best to accomodate.
- GREEN AIR CONDITIONING + HEATING
- Being a 100% green and self sutained project, the water we use comes from our land, the energy we consume from below the ground through a geothermic system and from the sun through solar panels. So also and mainly our air conditioning system is based on that self sustainable system. Air conditioning works from the floor of the house, giving a great level comfort and not impacting the air directly with all the negative effects of the old-fashioned “air blowing” systems. But keep in mind that it is a “low-regime” system, meaning that it takes time to condition the air inside the premises initially, so make sure you maintain doors and windows closed as much as possible. It takes 20 minutes for a room to get to outside temperature with a window open, but 12 hours to be properly conditioned again. Think sustainability and environment awareness when you are in Casa Balat.
- TRASH RECYCLING
- Please use properly the recycling bins. Casa Balat is an eco-friendly structure with separate collection of trash. You will find 4 indoor for organic bio-waste, residue, paper and plastic and 2 outdoor for glass and metal. You are responsible for your trash, please bring it out with you and take care of its disposal. There are several collection spots closeby.
- POOL OPENING AND CLOSING PERIODS
- The pool is closed from 11/10/2021 to 30/04/2022 and from 11/10/2022 to 30/04/2023