Invisible House Joshua Tree | Modern Masterpiece
- 3 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- 8 Guests
We invite guests to experience the most unique desert home on the planet, and one of the best-known homes in the world: the Invisible House.
This one of a kind masterpiece was designed by veteran film producer Chris Hanley.
Featured in countless music videos, television shows and dozens of publications worldwide (including Netflix, Robb Report, Architectural Digest, Washington Post, People, Daily Mail, Dezeen, and Maxim), this sleek 5,500 sq. ft. minimalist retreat is set on 90 breathtaking acres comprising the largest privately-owned parcel of land abutting Joshua Tree National Park.
An exploration in contrasts, the mirrored 22-story horizontal skyscraper features an entirely reflective facade that absorbs its surroundings and vanishes into the desert landscape. The juxtaposition of sleek minimalism and ancient desert terrain makes Invisible House a singularly definitive structure in blending modern...
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Air Conditioning: Central
Washer On Property
First Aid Kit
Carbon Monoxide Alarm
Dryer On Property
Children's Books and Toys
Chef Services: Available on request
Chef Services: Included
Grocery Shopping Service: Available on additional fee
Daily Housekeeping: Available for additional fee
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Access and Accessibility
- Wheelchair Access
Payment and Cancellation - 60 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) reservation is canceled within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made 11 days before arrival.
- 60 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 60 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation, the remaining 50% will be charged 60 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 60 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 60 days before arrival: 100% refund.
- House Rules / Terms & Conditions
- QUIET HOURS: From 10pm-7am residents are asked to refrain from any loud noise outside or emanating from the home. This includes talking loudly, playing music outside or inside with the windows open. Any fines received from the city will be the responsibility of the guests to reimburse. Consistent complaints from neighbors, or any police activity will result in guests being asked to leave without refund.
- OCCUPANCY: Occupancy is strictly enforced by both us, and the city. Any guest found to be exceeding the max number of occupants allowed will forfeit their security deposit and asked to vacate the premises, without refund for remaining stay. Any fines received from the city will be the responsibility of the guests to reimburse within 48 hours of receipt. The total amount of individuals allowed to stay overnight at the Rental Property will be limited to the max occupancy of the home. Over occupancy during the day must be communicated to and approved by the Property Operator prior to check-in.
- RENTER REQUIREMENTS:
- For legal purposes, the person placing the reservation must be the same as the credit/debit cardholder and the same person staying at the Rental Property during the booked days. This person is considered to be the Guest. All other persons involved with the rental are considered to be the Guest's invitees, and all discussion regarding reservation, cancelation, and damage policies will be the sole responsibility of, and discussed with, the Guest, not the Guest's invitees. The Guest acknowledges that Property Operator rents to responsible adults over the age of 18 ONLY and represents that Guest is a responsible adult over the age of 18.
- CHANGE IN NUMBER OF GUESTS/CONDUCT OF GUESTS:
- Guest(s) agrees that more than the number of people stated on the reservation shall not occupy the premises. Unauthorized people at the Rental Property at any time will result in a double charge for each additional guest or a maximum occupancy charge (whichever is greater), and loss of any security deposit, in addition to any and all damage, disturbance, excess cleaning charges (and any associated vendor fees). The rental is not intended for parties, nor gatherings at any time of anyone except the Guest and Guest invitees who have paid to occupy the Rental Property. Exceptions are made on an individual basis and require our express prior written consent, which may be withheld in our sole discretion. If there is excessive noise or music, any illegal activity, or evidence of a violation of these policies, you may be asked to vacate the premises without any refund and additional charges (including, but not limited to vendor fees) may be assessed. Please inform us of any change in the number of guests before your arrival to avoid these charges and so the Rental Property can be prepared appropriately for your group. No exceptions or refunds are given for changes in the number of guests after your arrival.
- UPON ARRIVAL
- Take a look around the house upon arrival and reach out with any issues to allow for a speedy resolution . If there are concerns or issues with your Rental Property, please immediately contact us (leave a message if there is no answer). No refunds or considerations will be given unless we are notified of problems during your stay. No refunds will be given for issues communicated to the Property Owner after a Guest stay.
- ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE TIME:
- Check in is anytime after 4:00pm. Please respect this time, unless otherwise discussed with host. Guests will not be allowed access until the designated check-in time. Violation could result in $100/hour charge. Check out is at 11:00am. Your prompt departure is appreciated so we can prepare the home for any incoming guests. A late departure may be arranged for a check-out fee, pending other reservations and the housekeeping schedule. We ask that any late check-out requests are made at least 24 hours to check-out. If you have not arranged for a late check out, you may be charged $55 for the first hour beyond 11 am you are still on property, at a minimum of one hour, and $100 for each additional hour. ` If the house has not been vacated by 3 pm, a fee equal to the rental rate of 2 ½ days may be assessed. Any loss revenue from an upcoming back-to-back reservation needing to be canceled due to lack of current check-out will also be charged to guest.
- EMERGENCIES/ MAINTENANCE:
- In the event of a problem accessing the Rental Property, or if there are problems with the condition or functionality of the Rental Property, please contact us immediately (leave a voice message and send a text message if there is no answer!) at (424) 395-4553.
- Reservations canceled less than 60 days before the check-in date will not be entitled to a refund, with the exception of bookings made within the last 48 hours (Grace Period), if more than 14 days prior to arrival. The Grace Period will not be valid for reservations less than 14 days prior to arrival. Those canceled within the Grace Period will receive a full refund.
- POWER/ WEATHER RELATED CANCELATION: We do NOT issue refunds due to acts of nature such as: weather, road conditions, snow conditions, power outages, or forest fires, but Guest-purchased travel insurance (such as CSA Travel Protection Insurance) does provide some protection against these instances. If the Rental Property is uninhabitable due to such circumstances and you did not purchase insurance, reservations can be rescheduled for future dates within one year of the reservation date.
- CLEANING FEE(s)
- A non-refundable cleaning fee is required with all reservations. This fee is for our housekeepers who dust, vacuum, sanitize, clean linens and towels, maintain the amenities and remove refuse from the property. Guest(s) are required to follow all check out procedures detailed in this agreement and leave the property in the same general and good habitable condition it was in when the Guest(s) arrived. Undue and/or unreasonable cleaning of the home shall be charged to the Guest's/Cardholder's credit card as an Additional Cleaning Charge at a rate of up to $45/hour, with a one hour minimum. This also applies to the property exterior, grounds, BBQs and pools/ hot tubs (if so equipped).
- CLEANING REQUIREMENTS:
- A non-refundable cleaning fee is required with all reservations. This fee is for our cleaning vendors who dust, vacuum, sanitize, clean linens and towels, maintain the pool / hot tub and remove refuse from the Rental Property. Guest(s) are required to follow all checkout procedures detailed in this Agreement and leave the Rental Property in the same general and good habitable condition it was in when the Guest(s) arrived. Undue and/or unreasonable cleaning of the Rental Property shall be charged to the Guest's/Cardholder's credit card as an Additional Cleaning Fee starting at $250 and increasing depending on the extent of filth or damages, all as determined by our cleaning vendors. This also applies to the Rental Property exterior, grounds, BBQs, and pools / hot tubs (if so equipped).
- Place soiled towels in the laundry room or bathroom if laundry room is not in unit/home.
- All dirty dishes, cookware and eating utensils should be washed, rinsed, put in the dishwasher. We ask that you also start the load.
- Floors should be in generally good condition and ready to be vacuumed by our housekeepers.
- All household trash, garbage, recycling and/or other discarded items should be properly bagged up so as to avoid spillage/leakage, and deposited in the proper refuse containers provided. Please do your best to help us recycle by hauling it out with you.
- Refrigerator and microwave should be left clean and free of food.
- All appliances (stove, oven, BBQ, etc.) should be left in a clean condition and free of spills and grease.
- Please wipe down counters and other surfaces.
- All litter must be picked up from the premises and placed in the outside garbage cans, tied securely in trash bags.
- Please try not to leave any pet hair in the home! Duct tape works great on furniture and may be provided with our other cleaning supplies.
- **GLITTER AND CONFETTI ARE NOT ALLOWED AT ANY PROPERTY, INSIDE OR OUTSIDE. **
- Smoking is strictly prohibited on the entire premises, both within the house and on the Rental Property grounds. This includes smoking cigarettes, vaping, cigars, pipes or any other smoking device. Violation of the no-smoking policy will result in forfeiture of the full security deposit and damage liability of up to $2,500 for any discovered damage to furniture or odors.
- Do not put any feminine products, birth control methods, dental floss, baby wipes, paper towels, or anything besides toilet paper in the toilet. The toilets are water-saving models and don't have a strong flush - limiting the amount of toilet paper used will help prevent a clog. The Rental Property may also be on a septic tank system instead of city sewage, which are prone to clogging.
- PETS (If Applicable):
- Pets are allowed if (a) the Rental Property is pet-friendly (b) Property Operator has given approval prior to your stay and (c) the applicable pet fees have been paid. The fee is $150 per pet with a 3 pet maximum. Unauthorized occupancy of pets will result in immediate termination of this Rental Agreement, removal from the Rental Property, and loss of all rents and deposits. If the discovery of unauthorized pets is made after your departure, a fine of $500 plus any additional cleaning charges will be assessed. If you are given permission to bring a pet the following rules must be followed:
- Pets are NOT allowed within written consent from the host. If approved, pets are allowed as long as the applicable pet fees have been paid. The fee is $150 per pet, 3 pet maximum. Unauthorized occupancy of pets will result in immediate eviction and loss of all rents and deposits. If discovery of unauthorized pets is made after your departure, a penalty of $100/day plus any additional cleaning charges will be assessed. If you are given permission to bring a pet the following rules must be followed:
- No pets on any furniture or bedding.
- Please do your best to remove all pet hair to avoid additional cleaning time/charges.
- All waste must be picked up and placed in the garbage cans tied securely in trash bags.
- No pets in the pools, hot tub or bath tubs.
- Pets should not be left unattended in the home or in the backyard, unless crated. Do NOT leave pets outside unattended, as we have vendors (landscapers, pool maintenance, etc.) who enter through the back gate. These vendors are not liable for lost pets who escape during their services due to lack of pet owner supervision.
- Any cleaning that must be done will be charged to renter at rate of $45 an hour.
- POOL / HOT TUB USE & RULES (If Applicable):
- Guest agrees that the presence of the pool and/or hot tub at the property creates a risk of personal injury or property damage. This risk is heightened as it relates to children. Guest agrees to accept that risk and agrees to take all reasonable and proper measures to ensure the safety of the Guest, its invitees, guests, agents or licensees from injury or loss.
- Our pool maintenance teams sanitize and replenish chemicals in all pools/spa prior to your arrival. If additional maintenance is required during your stay, or the next guests are unable to use the amenities due to conditions resulting from your failure to observe the following rules, there will be a $45 charge (and cost of supplies if necessary) for each hour of required maintenance. A $100 refund/night will be given if you are unable to use the pool/spa due to malfunction not caused by Guest(s).
- ALWAYS SHOWER OR BATHE BEFORE AND AFTER USING THE HOT TUB! Body oil, makeup, hair products, etc. clog filters!
- An adult must always accompany children.
- Observe the safety precautions posted at the tub and have all guests do likewise.
- If temperature has been adjusted during use, MAKE SURE to return the temp to the original setting when done.* Failure to reset may cause the hot tub to over-temp & stop working, possibly resulting in additional charges.
- Use non-breakable drink containers in the tub area.
- DO NOT ADD ANYTHING TO THE POOL / HOT TUB WATER such as bubble bath & oils, even if they say they are compatible.
- If the water level is low (below the filter intake) add more water or call, as low water can destroy the pump, resulting in additional charges.
- If the water looks cloudy or dirty, please call.* If it is found that the service is necessary due to Guest abuse, the Guest will be responsible for the charges.
- Guest(s) will notify and receive written approval from the Property Operator for any events taking place on the Rental Property. Approval and required permitting is required. Violation of this will result in immediate termination of this rental agreement and removal from the premises without refund.
- GUEST REQUESTED VENDORS
- With Property Operator approval, guests can invite outside vendors (chefs, massage therapists, yoga instructors, etc.) to perform services at the Rental Property. You may have 2 additional vendors outside of the max occupancy of the Rental Property. Any additional vendors will be considered, but all must be approved. On occasion Property Operator may refer or recommend local vendors; such referred vendors have no relationship with the Property Operator and any such recommendations are made as a courtesy to the Guest, and Property Owner makes no representations as to the quality, capabilities, or character of such vendors. Whether such vendors are sourced by Guest or referred by Property Operator, the Property Owner is not responsible for the vendor and any claims, theft, injuries, disputes, damages or claims arising from Guest’s invitation of such vendors are the sole responsibility of the Guest.
- Any damages noticed by you that pre-date your stay must be reported to management during your stay to avoid liability for the damage. For damage caused by the Guest, Property Operator reserves the right to charge damages to the Guest(s) credit card on file. Should an insurance claim be filed by Property Operator with its insurer, the Guest(s) agree to pay a $100 deductible.
- NATURE AND CRITTERS
- Some of our Rental Properties are in rural and agricultural communities nestled between natural open areas that include local fauna and flora. Animals in the surrounding nature can include mice, rabbits, raccoons, squirrels, gophers, bats, snakes, swallows and coyotes among others. Common insects may include ants, spiders, moths, bees and flies. All Property Operator properties receive frequent and regular pest control service, but from time to time guests may come across one of these animals or insects either alive or dead, inside the Rental Property or outside the Rental Property. Property Operator inspects every Rental Property prior to your arrival, but cannot guarantee the Rental Property and immediate surroundings will be free of insects and animals given the realities of the surrounding nature. Refunds will not be given to any guest for animals or insects found on the premises or near the premises alive or dead. However, please call us immediately if you encounter an issue with critters and, when possible, local Property Operator staff will come to the Rental Property to assist.
- ROUTINE PROPERTY MAINTENANCE
- As you may imagine, our properties require a lot of maintenance! Property Operator has coordinated vendors to balance property needs with guest privacy. Please do not turn away or interfere with the routine maintenance activities including pool service, landscaping, trash/waste removal and pest control. Any fees assessed to Property Operator for missed service calls will be passed on to the Guest that turned away the service. Importantly, unless there is an emergency, there should be no maintenance or services in and around the house beyond the four services listed above without prior coordination from the Property Operator. Please call us immediately if there are any issues or questions.
- RIGHT OF ENTRY:
- Guest(s) agree that Property Operator reserves the right to enter the Rental Property at any time to investigate disturbances, check occupancy, check for damage, to make such repairs, alterations or improvements as we may deem appropriate, or to show the Rental Property to vendors or prospective purchasers or Guests (in which case prior notification will be given to Guest).
- SECURITY & SAFETY RISKS:
- ALWAYS LOCK DOORS AND WINDOWS WHEN YOU LEAVE THE HOME! When you rent the home, you assume responsibility for it and its contents, as well as your personal property. Always lock the doors and windows when you leave the home.
- INDEMNIFICATION & HOLD HARMLESS
- While Property Operator and its Property Owners strive to maintain Rental Properties in the finest condition, no guarantees, expressed or implied, are made regarding suitability or for any particular purpose. All Guest(s) and their invitees use the Rental Property structures and premises at their own risk. Property Operator and its Property Owners shall not be held liable or otherwise responsible in any way for injury to any Guest and/or their invitees that is caused or permitted to be caused by the intentional or unintentional acts of said Guest(s) and/or invitees, or by the failure of structures, appliances, (including hot tubs and BBQs) furnishings, and/or other equipment, whether by malfunction, misuse, acts of God/nature, and/or are otherwise naturally occurring. No guarantees are expressed nor implied as to the suitability of utilities and other services provided to the Rental Properties and adjacent structures and premises. No guarantees are expressed nor implied regarding the suitability/compatibility of materials utilized in the construction of the Rental Property and/or its contents. Property Operator and its Property Owners shall not be held liable nor otherwise responsible in any way for allergic reactions to Guest(s) or invitees, caused or permitted to be caused by materials utilized in the manufacture of the Rental Property and/or its contents, nor from mold and/or airborne spores, nor from pet/animal allergens, nor from chemical agents including, but not limited to appliances, linens, carpeting, utensils, fixtures, hot tubs, and/or other equipment. By written or electronic endorsement of this Agreement, Guest(s) and invitees hereby agree to forever hold-harmless and indemnify Property Operator and its Property Owners from and against all claims, demands, loss, liability/responsibility of any kind and character, including the cost of defense, arising out of or in any way connected with the Guest(s) use of the Rental Property.