Hiawatha On Star
What started as an old 42-foot railroad boxcar is now one of the Northwoods’ premier private lodges. Welcome to The Hiawatha on Star. This newly built six-bedroom lodge boasts awe-inspiring views overlooking endless miles of undeveloped Northern Highland State Forest shoreline just 30 feet from the water’s edge on Star Lake. As evening approaches, you will enjoy graceful sunsets in the oversized screened-in porch and dinner served next to the wall-of-windows; end the night sharing stories around the campfire next to the shoreline or the spacious fireplace in the lodge. In the summer, the music of the loons and the orchestra of bullfrogs will gently put you to sleep.
Sitting on 270 feet of level shoreline, The Hiawatha on Star utilizes walls of glass to maximize the views overlooking the crystal-clear waters of Star Lake. With 92% of the shoreline undeveloped and part of the Northern Highland State...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 30 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) reservation is canceled within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 30 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 30 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation, the remaining 50% will be charged 30 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 30 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 30 days before arrival: 100% refund.
- By booking this reservation, you agree to the additional policies, terms, and conditions below.
- UNIT SPECIFIC TERMS
- - Due to local laws or HOA requirements, guests must be at least 25 years of age to book. Guests under 25 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for the duration of the reservation.
- - No dog(s) are welcome in this home. No other animals are allowed without specific Vacasa approval.
- - The property shall not be used by more than the number of adults and children listed in your reservation.
- - All guests shall abide by Vacasa’s good neighbor policy and shall not engage in illegal activity. Quiet hours are from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- - If early check-in is available for your reservation, you will be notified by 9 a.m. on the morning of your arrival by email. Late check-out is offered whenever possible for a small fee.
- - No smoking of any kind is permitted anywhere on the premises.
- - No commercial photography or filming is permitted on the property. Tents or other structures may not be erected.
- - Renter is liable for any damage to the property and agrees to accept charges to the card on file should damage occur during occupancy.
- - Due to local laws, regulations, or Homeowner Association rules, guests may be required to agree to additional terms of service. A signed paper contract is required to be completed and returned to Vacasa.
- - Property Specific terms:
- Please note that you must be at least 25 years old to reserve this rental, and that guests must be 25 years or older unless accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- This Agreement is between you and Vacasa Wisconsin LLC, acting for itself and for the Owner.