Villa Tanos at
Five-bedroom Villa Tanos oozes luxury. Located in between the tree-laced countryside in Chania, on the northwest coast of Crete, it’s the perfect place to rest and relax. Not only does it have a large private swimming pool and a spacious garden, but a gym – so you can keep you with your fitness routine – and a luxury spa with a sauna, steam bath and massage bed, too.
If that wasn’t enough, this villa adds a pool bar and a Mediterranean botanic garden with a playground for kids and a small river to its resume, too. Kick back by the pool on one of the beach chair or sun loungers – listening to music from the system – or head for the special ‘cave seating’ area with a high table and stool. There’s also an alfresco dining table for those evening dinners.
Inside, the decadence continues… we’re talking elegant and minimalist décor – a natural-hued palette offset by light wood furniture. Throughout Villa Tanos, glass...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Tanos is in a peaceful part of Chania, on the west coast of Crete, Greece. It’s only a 10-minute drive from Chania centre and a 15-20 minute drive from the nearest beach. The seaside village is in the heart of a large natural bay on the Akrotiri peninsula. There, you’ll find the soft sandy beach of Kalathas – perfect for swimming and snorkelling – as well as a couple of local tavernas serving traditional Greek food like moussaka and mezes, shops and supermarkets. With its impressive 14th-century Venetian harbour, cobbled streets and waterfront restaurants, Chania is a beautiful Greek city that’s well worth exploring. Snap pictures of the 16th-century lighthouse with its Venetian, Egyptian and Ottoman influences or get your history fix at the Nautical Museum or Archaeological Museum of Chania. There are also pastel-coloured cafés, boutiques and indoor markets for fresh produce. Fancy a boat trip? Hop on a ferry from Chania to Santorini. There you’ll find classic whitewashed houses, quaint churches and windmills. It’s also renowned for its sheer cliffs and mesmerising sunsets. History buffs are in luck around here. Minoan caves and tombs are dotted all over, so there’s plenty to get stuck into. Ancient Aptera’s Theatre is an exciting site worth seeing, as are the Venizelos Tombs. You could also take a hike among the wildflowers, monasteries and goats of Samaria Gorge. Castles, caves and forests are also in plentiful supply on Crete's west coast. There are plenty of Blue Flag beaches too, and the beautiful Lake Kournas has swim stop and photo op written all over it.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €5,000 charged to client’s credit card by the owner upon arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : Guests may check in 16:00 or later
- Departure time : Guests are requested to checkout 10:00 or before
- Linen & towels included? : Linen & towel are included in the rental price. Change of linen every 4th day. Change of towels daily.
- Pets welcome? : Pets considered, please enquire
- Changeover day : Flexible
- End of stay cleaning included? : End of stay cleaning is included in the rental price
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking inside the villa
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property
- Minimum stay : 3 nights
- Pool heating charge? : Heating the swimming pool is charged extra. Weekly rates apply (irrelevant of shorter or longer stays) as follows depending on the season:
- €1500 weekly from Oct 17 2020 - May 14 2020
- €1000 weekly from May 14 - Sept 24 2021
- €1500weekly from Sept 24 - May 27 2021
- Payable in resort
- Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Internet access? : Complimentary Wi-Fi connection provided
- Other Ts and Cs : Annex flat for support staff available for bookings of 7 nights or more.
- 3.000 € weekly until September 7, 2019,
- 2.000 € weekly from September 8, 2019 until May 22,2020
- 3.000 € weekly from May 23 until October 30,2020
- 2.000 € weekly from October 31,2020 until January 15,2021
- Other 2 : From Oct 17 2020- April 4 2021
- Stay 7 days and get a 15% discount
- Stay 21 days and get a 20% discount
- Other 3 : The rates apply to the accommodation of maximum 10 people.
- If increased up to 12 adults an additional 300 € daily charge per additional person will apply.