Gavalohori Estate at
Experience a stay like no other in Crete in the enchanting Gavalahori Estate. Three cottages sit across grounds embedded in history and culture, all of which present the features you can expect in any holiday home! The estate boasts a rustic yet elegant theme throughout both its interiors and across its grounds. Restoration of a two-hundred and fifty-year-old olive oil press only serves to highlight the natural and sacred ambience felt as you stroll through the grounds and gather in the cottages. The three cottages house between two to four guests each and the lounge, kitchen and garden area are shared, so guest will feel as if they are in a resort given the exclusivity and beauty each cottage offers on Gavalahori Estate! The first cottage offers accommodation for up to four people across two floors. Downstairs, guests will find a gorgeously designed double bed and table, with a fireplace to keep up the rustic consistency apparent...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Shrouded in mythology and history, this gateway to three continents will serve to tantalise the senses as delicious cuisines, breathtaking land and seascapes alongside a multitude of both exhilarating and relaxing activities will captivate you in the island of Crete. Start with a trip to the seas that surround the island, with a journey to the shores closest to you! Visit the pebble bays of Ompros Gialos. Famed for its diving possibilities, guests can explore the caves that are accessible from the bay! There are beaches galore along the coast of this impressive island, so for a public beach offering the amenities to keep your hunger and thirst at bay as well as offering sun-loungers and parasols, you can visit Golden Beach, just a thirty-minute drive away. Not only can you sunbathe on the sandy shore and splash in the clear and cooling sea, but guests are also offered water-sports to ramp up their entertainment! Exhilarating activities such as paragliding and bungee jumping are also possible on this small yet fun-packed island, so make sure you try one or both if you are a true adrenaline junkie! The bungee point at Liquid Bungee, which is located on the south of the island offers Europes second-highest jump point! Immerse yourself in the mythology that Crete has inspired in the BC ages which have been carried through time and all corners of the world. Knossos is a great place to start, immersed in rich tales and legends of Greek mythology and offering ruins; both left preserved or partially rebuilt to showcase magnificent palaces and ancient architecture. Knossos is said to be home to King Minos and the legendary tale of the Minotaur! A trip the Botanical Park and Gardens of Crete will help nature lovers and those looking for the idyllic bliss nature provides satisfy their desires and provide unforgettable and up-close and personal encounters with a variety of both rare and indigenous wildlife and fauna. Alongside the enchanting lands, a restaurant serves traditional and authentic Greek cuisine, cooked from the herbs, fruits and vegetables that grow on the lands!
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Arrival time : 14:00 pm
- Departure time : 12:00 pm
- Other Ts and Cs : Additional charges (50% of the daily rate) apply to early check in / late check out.
- Other 2 : For all cancellations received within 60-22 days prior to confirmed arrival date: 50% of total accommodation charges will be charged as Cancellation Charges
- For all cancellations received within 21 days prior to confirmed arrival date: 100% of total accommodation charges will be charged as Cancellation Charges
- No show fee, departure prior or arrival after the confirmed dates: 100% of total accommodation charges or remaining accommodation balance.
- Minimum stay : 3 nights
- Changeover day : Flexible
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Linen, bath and pool towels are included in rental price and changed every second day.
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included in the rental price
- Smoking Allowed? : Not permitted
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi included
- Tax : Included in the rental price