La Place at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
The Dordogne may be a destination visitors adore, but rarely are guests fortunate enough to stay right in the heart of one of its small medieval villages, which also happens to be one of France’s Plus Beaux Villages.
Situated right on the square, this impressive Maison de Maître faces the village’s historic church and château, but close the door behind you and you will enter another world. After a typically French, long corridor leading to the terrace, you will be surprised to discover at the rear of the house, the charming and secluded garden with private swimming pool and views out to the surrounding countryside.
There is plenty of space for children to run around and play in the mature gardens, as well as many shady spots and covered terraces to while away the time relaxing or enjoying local wine and delicacies from one of the typical markets. There is also a swing and table tennis table in the garden as well...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
The villa sits in the pretty central square of a gorgeous medieval village considered as one of the <i>Les Plus Beaux Villages de France.</i> The local village boasts a small supermarket with daily deliveries of fresh bread and croissants, a doctor's surgery, a pharmacy, a hairdressing salon, a tourist office, and five restaurants/bars. There is also a tennis court available for hire. Thiviers (7km) is a traditional market town. It has three supermarkets plus a good range of shops, bars and a great market in the square Wednesdays and Saturdays. Brântome (18km) is a delightful little town which has earned the moniker ‘The Venice of the Dordogne’ due to its location on an island. See the oldest bell tower in France at the Carolingian abbey, take a canoe or boat ride on the river, browse the windows of the many shops or sample the local cuisine. Popular local activities include tennis, golf, canoeing, cycling, walking and fishing. The Castles of the Dordogne and the fantastic Grottos of Villars as well as many swimming lakes are all in close proximity. This is also the perfect location for a food and wine tour: it is the truffle and <i>foie gras </i>region of France and close to the Bordeaux, St Emilion and Bergerac vineyards.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £750 (£1000 for weddings/events) paid via bank transfer/cheque to the owner one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Pool heating charge? : Pool heating (via heat pump) included. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pets welcome? : On request only, subject to prior arrangement with the owner.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to October. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings and celebrations are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional fees. Stag and hen parties are not allowed.
- Other Ts and Cs : Maximum guests and advertised prices are for 12 guests only - a further three children can be accommodated on extra beds in three of the bedrooms on a request basis only, subject to prior agreement (supplement may apply).
- Insurance : In accordance with french law and practice clients must have indemnity insurance to cover all members of their party in respect of claims arising out of damage to third party persons and property including that of the owners of La Place, and must produce written evidence of such cover no later that 4 weeks before the check-in date. Clients are also advised to take out standard travel insurance covering events such as cancellation.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that the number of adults and children included in each party must be communicated at the time of booking.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs approximately between €0.55-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Pool towels included? : Yes.