Le Repos at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
In a quiet hamlet in the hills just above the sweet little village of Urval, just south of the Dordogne, is the charming Le Repos. With lovely woodland views and only a few minutes by car from the river, this is the perfect base for exploring this wonderful region.
Step inside and admire the original pisé flooring leading to the comfortable living space on the ground floor. The beautiful kitchen has been recently installed and is enough to impress any keen cook and leads to the living and dining room with a cosy wood burning stove and French doors leading to a glorious al-fresco terrace, perfect for your morning coffee and croissants or evenings with good local wine and friends. Downstairs the double bedroom has its own original fire-place whilst on the first floor the spacious en-suite bedrooms have beautiful wooden flooring and lovely garden views.
A delightful little cottage bedroom is available to rent in addition...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The Dordogne is known as the valley of 1000 chateaux with endless pretty medieval villages, fine wines, truffles, local markets and spectacular valleys and rivers. The Dordogne river offers great kayaking, canoeing and unparalleled views of the countryside. Le Repos is located in a hamlet in the hills just above Urval, a tiny village just south of the Dordogne river full of history such as the characterful Perigordian houses, a Romanesque church and the original communal bread oven. Nearby Siorac (4km) is a slightly larger peaceful village with a supermarket and restaurants and beautiful buildings with yellow golden stone and terracotta roof tiles. Wednesday morning is market day and a fantastic time to pick up local delights for a feast in your summer kitchen. In the other direction is Le-Buisson-de-Cadouin (7km) with its river beach nearby, ideal for a picnic on a sunny afternoon or head north to the beautiful old town of St Cyprien (10km) with its 12th century belltower, lovely boutiques and restaurants plus an excellent supermarket on the outskirts. The Dordogne region hosts a wealth of beautiful villages and towns, many of them classed as France’s Plus Beaux Villages such as glorious Monpazier (22km), a bastide town dating back to the 13th century. To the north you have the sophisticated small city of Périgueux (57km), famous for its amazing black truffles and to the north-east should visit Sarlat (32km) with its maze of medieval narrow streets, lovely squares and amazing restaurants. Not forgetting beautiful Bergerac (45km) to the west with its medieval architecture as well as the unmissable Maisons de Vins. Combine with charming Issigeac (35km) , another charming medieval village en route. Other day trips include the Lascaux caves, just outside Montignac (45km) and beautiful Limeuil (11km), where the Vézère river meets the Dordogne and you can paddle by the river beach or enjoy some fine views from Parc Limeuil after wandering through the delightful village. In addition, head to La Roque Gageac (26km), Château de Beynac (23km) or Castelnaud-la-Chapelle (21km) for a remarkable day out in the Dordogne. The whole region is a true haven for nature and sport lovers alike offering a wide array of outdoor activities, from horse-back riding, to tennis, mountain-biking, golfing and watersports, not to mention the number of hiking and fishing opportunities in the area. Teens will love the nearby waterparks, visiting the Aquarium du Perigord Noir, exploring prehistoric caves and historic castles or even a magnificent hot air balloon ride across the stunning region. The more adventurous may enjoy go-karting just south of Périgueux or tree-top activities in the forests near Sarlat.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €850 charged to clients' credit card prior to arrival.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes. Included in low season. From end of May to end of September, heating is on request and at a supplement.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes and mid-stay clean on Thursday included for stays of two weeks or more. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Changeover day : Friday. Other days may be possible on request in mid-season (end of May-mid July & September, approximately) for bookings of 7+ nights only.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels. For stays of over 7 nights, a change of linen can be arranged for a supplement of €25 per person. This must be requested in advance.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Tax : Tourist tax of €0.55 pp/pn, paid locally.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : High chairs and cots are available for hire at a cost of €25 for each item per week (limited availability, to be pre-booked).
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that your booking will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner.
- Other Ts and Cs : The cottage is only included in the 8 guests price.