Cottage Des Cedres at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
Set amongst the undulating landscapes of the Lot-et-Garonne, with stunning views of the surrounding orchards, cedar trees and wild woods, Cottage Des Cèdres is a charming holiday cottage in this picturesque region.
The owners have lovingly restored this former barn with sensitivity and style, retaining so many traditional features such as exposed stonework and wood beamed ceilings with contemporary décor and design. Every comfort has been considered from 100% Egyptian cotton linen in all three bedrooms to a sound system and plenty to entertain the family from boules to board games.
Outside you can admire the amazing vistas from the exquisite swimming pool or simply enjoy a glass of local wine on your balcony as kids play in the enclosed garden. The gardens are vast and include a 400-year-old Cedar tree dating back to when the main house, the Manoir, was also first built. You’ll also find an old watermill by the...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Located in the Lot-et-Garonne region, you are surrounded by fruit orchards, fields, sunflowers and wild woods. Local wildlife on the vast estate and beyond include deer, wild boar, rabbits, hares, eagles and other birds of prey. You can wander down the nearby road or through the valley via the kiwi and plum orchards to the local village where you will find two boulangeries where you can pick up your breakfast croissants and bread, a small supermarket, delicatessen, two boulangeries and a café for your morning coffee and they also serve lunches in July and August. You can also find some wonderful local produce at the weekly market on a Wednesday morning. There is also a village beach on the River Lot where you can hire canoes, pedalos and motorboats in the summer months (late June to early September) and a sandy area from which you can swim, sectioned off from the boats. There are further facilities in the town of Sainte-Livrade-sur-Lot (10km) such as a large supermarket. Follow the river further east towards the ancient bastide town of Villeneuve-sur-Lot (20km) and keen hikers can then follow the hilly route south to the picturesque hilltop village of Pujols (20km), noted as one of France’s most Plus Beaux Villages. Penne D’Agenais (31km) with its impressive architecture is also worthy of a visit in this beautiful region and it’s worth visiting Agen (34km), an interesting French town which is the most important in this region. As well as summer boats and bike hire in the nearby village, there are plenty of activities on offer in this area. Golf lovers can tee up at Golf Barthe (12km), just ten minutes by car whilst there is an excellent horse-riding centre a little further near Saint-Pierre-Sur-Dropt (42km). Kids will love visiting the local farm just a ten minute drive away or head further south to Parc Walibi amusement park (43km) near Agen. In the summer you can explore the night markets in charming local villages where local food is sold and cooked for you by local artisans with live music and plenty of drinks. This area is of course wonderful for some of France’s most famous vineyards where you can sample and buy some excellent wines. Not forgetting the amazing fruit that is grown in the region (as well as on the estate); the local plums, Pruneaux D’Agen, are particularly delicious, especially when steeped in the local Armagnac. Other noteworthy places to visit include Monflanquin (34km), another of France’s Plus Beaux Villages, a beautifully preserved bastide town full of medieval character with a great market on a Thursday or cross the border into the magical Dordogne department to Monpazier (55km), one of France’s most impressive and stunning villages. The beautiful city of Bergerac (64km) with its famous Maison des Vins can also be visited in a day, possibly combining the visit with the lovely village of Issigeac (50km) with its fantastic weekly market.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £350.00 to be paid by bank transfer to the owner one month before arrival, refunded 2 weeks after departure subject to a full inspection.
- Arrival time : 5.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes, up to 20C, plus one basket of logs for the wood-burner (the house is generally heated from October to March).
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner. If accepted, a pet supplement of 5 Euros per pet per day will apply (paid locally).
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only (ashtrays provided).
- Changeover day : Saturday. All other changeover days on request.
- Minimum stay : 3 nights between April and end of May, 5 nights between Christmas and New Year and 7 nights during all other periods.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, hen/stag parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Other Ts and Cs : The pool is open from April to October, approximately (cooler months may not be suitable for swimming).
- Other Ts and Cs : The cottage is suitable for 6 adults, or 4 adults and 3 children
- Other Ts and Cs : The estate is also shared with the owners’ house and their friendly and lively dog who has run of the Manoir's grounds when the owners are at home.