Les Ecuries II at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
In a wonderfully rural area near the banks of a river, yet only a ten minute stroll into a charming medieval market town, the apartments at Les Ecuries are the perfect setting for an unforgettable holiday in the south of the beautiful Dordogne, just under half an hour from Bergerac.
In this intimate space surrounded by vast grounds, there are five beautifully renovated apartments.
Four of the apartments have two elegant bedrooms, their own open-plan living space with Wi-Fi and a Sonos sound system plus a well-equipped kitchen, bright bathrooms and their own terrace and barbecue. Three of these apartments are part of a converted barn and feature wood-burning stoves for cooler evenings plus air-conditioning in the bedrooms, whilst the fourth is next to the impressive yoga space and has thick stone walls to keep the interiors cool in the summer.
The owners have a keen eye for detail and have aimed to create the...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The location of Les Ecuries is wonderful for those looking for a rural holiday yet not have to depend on a car as you are just a ten minute walk from the charming market town of Eymet. The 25 acres of private grounds at Les Ecuries lead to the banks of the Dropt river. In Eymet (1.3km) you will find some excellent restaurants and bars, a couple of supermarkets, a boulangerie and butchers as well as other interesting shops and a vibrant market in the beautiful main square on a Thursday. Being on the banks of the river there are some amazing views and great picnic spots. The town dates back to the 13th century and is a typical bastide town in its layout, full of idyllic medieval houses and attractive buildings. The town hosts several cultural events and festivals throughout the year and is a vibrant as well as historical place to stay. In terms of activities you will find canoeing within ten minutes by car, bike trails in the area (and electric bike hire and tours in Eymet!) several golf courses within twenty minutes and a picturesque lake with swimming, slides, barbecue facilities and a café just half an hour away. In and around Bergerac you will find a waterpark, go-karting, boat rides and a miniature ferry sailing lake plus there is a tree-top activity centre for all ages just half an hour drive away in Sainte-Colombe-de-Duras. Younger kids will also love Le Chaudron Magique, an organic farm where children can milk the goats and make goats cheese! You are surrounded by idyllic villages and towns, full of history and character, worthy of a visit for a leisurely lunch and explore such as the warren of medieval streets at Issigeac (24km) or the attractive Sainte-Foy-la-Grande (28km) facing the Dordogne. Not forgetting beautiful Bergerac (27km) with its medieval architecture, narrow streets of boutiques and great restaurants and impressive Bordeaux (95km), definitely worthy of a fantastic day trip. In under an hour you can access two of France’s Plus Beaux Villages, Monflaquin (45km) and Monpazier (47km) or follow the Dordogne east all the way to beautiful villages such as Beynac-et-Cazenac (80km), La Roque-Gageac (84km) and Domme (90km) before heading north to delightful Sarlat-la-Canéda (92km). For a change of scene you can also head west for a day trip to the coast to sample some local oysters at Cap Ferret (180km) or Arcachon (170km). Wine-lovers are in the perfect location with vineyards in the surrounding area as well as both south and north of the Dordogne, some of them organic. As well as the famous La Route des Vins de Bergerac, you also have the Bordeaux vineyards to the west and beautiful Saint-Émilion (63km) just an hour away. Nearby the Château de Monbazillac (22km) is an especially wonderful place to sample and buy wines whilst Eymet even has its own local brewery if you fancy a change of drink! Those looking to experience market days across the region should head to Saint Alvere (55m) on a Monday, Riberac (80km) on a Tuesday, Bergerac (27km) or Sarlat (90km) on a Wednesday, nearby Eymet or Saint Astier (75km) on a Thursday, Souillac (116km) on a Friday, finishing off with Saint Cyprian (73km) or Issigeac (24km) on a Sunday. Bergerac (27km) also hosts a wonderful flea market on the first Sunday of every month and in the summer you should look out for the atmospheric night markets dotted around the villages of the Dordogne, including Eymet, for a special experience of amazing food and festivities. Each market often specialises in a regional cuisine and/or craft from that area and sometimes throughout the year seasonal markets pop up.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Access and Accessibility
- Wheelchair access
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £300 per apartment paid to the owner by bank transfer or Paypal one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m. (The owners may be able to be flexible on request). Guests can remain on site until 2.00p.m. on the day of departure.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes. Any extra logs that may be needed outside the winter months may be subject to an extra charge (if you are allocated an apartment with a wood-burning fire).
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels and dressing gowns.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Changeover day : Saturday from June to end-September, flexible during any other periods.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights during high season, 3 nights during any other periods.
- Pool heating charge? : The pool is heated free of charge during the normal pool opening times (Easter to October). Outside this period, the pool is heated on request at extra charge. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately Easter to October. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Other Ts and Cs : Guests will be required to sign a copy of the owner's rental terms before the arrival.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that strict waste disposal and waste recycling laws apply in the area. Any fines and/or extra charges incurred for correct disposal will be charged to the security deposit.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges. No single-sex parties with guests under the age of 35 are allowed.
- Other Ts and Cs : A/C is avaialble in the bedrooms of 3 apartments only.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that your booking will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner.