Mas De Roussan at Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur
Within striking distance of one of Provence’s most idyllic villages, Mas de Roussan is an elegant 18th century farmhouse just outside St-Rémy. With four stunning bedrooms, a beautiful private pool and glorious gardens, this stylish home is ideal for friends or families looking to stay in this captivating part of southern France.
This has been a labour of love for the owners who have restored this home with great respect and have created an absolute gem. Throughout the house you will appreciate the calm ambience and minimalist style whilst so many original features have been retained such as exposed stone, tiled floors or wood beams. Contemporary features complement antique pieces as the owners combine new and old Provence so seamlessly. The four pretty bedrooms include romantic touches such as sumptuous canopies, French windows leading to Juliet balconies or luxurious bath or shower rooms.
Outside you can head to...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Mas de Roussan is located a short drive or leisurely 20-minute walk to the centre of St-Rémy (2km), an idyllic Provençal village in the heart of Les Alpilles National Park. The village is well known for being popular with artists, many live in the area and display or sell their works of art in the village’s art galleries. The most famous artist of all has to be Vincent Van Gogh who checked himself into the asylum St Paul de Mausole, which can be visited today, and created 150 paintings including ‘Starry Night’. In the summer months, on selected Sundays, the ‘Route des Artistes’ fills with local artists showing off their work creating a wonderful and bustling atmosphere. The town is also famous for its many restaurants, from down to earth bistros found on pretty narrow streets to Michelin starred establishments. The surrounding countryside is rich with olive groves and vineyards with private tours and tastings easily arranged. Food lovers, don’t miss the market on a Wednesday morning! You are of course in the heart of this formidable area of vineyards, idyllic villages, world-renowned towns, and summer landscapes of sunflowers both in Les Alpilles National Park and beyond. Baux-de-Provence, one of France’s acclaimed ‘plus beaux villages’ and Van Gogh’s precious Arles, are both within easy reach. Gordes is yet another one of the beautiful villages worth visiting with stunning architecture, set in the outstanding Luberon region, surrounded by lavender fields in the summer months. Don’t miss the lively city of Avignon during your stay. Explore the winding medieval streets, experience further excellent dining opportunities and visit two UNESCO world heritage sites, the Pope’s Palace and Saint Benezet Bridge. The covered market offers all sorts of delights or head to the weekend farmers, flower and flea markets for wonderful local produce and a bargain or two. Those looking for activity have so much on their doorstep. There is both horse-riding and golf within a short drive and both the immediate and wider area are a walkers and cyclists paradise with stunning countryside and landscapes. Older children will love kayaking in the Sorgue and there are plenty of other family friendly activities throughout the region from model railways, open castles to trekking across the tree tops and visiting a zoo.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €2500 paid to the owner by bank transfer one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 5.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit. 8 hours of maid service included.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that your booking will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for civil liability as well as cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay. A copy of this policy must be provided to the owner minimum one month before arrival.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : Guests will be required to sign a copy of the owner's rental terms upon booking confirmation.
- Other Ts and Cs : A/C is only available in 3 bedrooms.