Cottage Des Cathares at Occitanie
With a magical setting, this historical cottage is full of charm and character. Located in the amazing Cathar country, near the delightful market town of Mirepoix, this is a special place where young and old can stay in this enchanting part of the Languedoc.
Built in the 18th century on the estate of an impressive château, yet with its own entrance and garden, this cottage has been a labour of love for the artistic owner who has sensitively restored the place into a warm and welcoming family home.
The bright and homely cottage has perfectly modern interiors yet still retains so much character throughout. Each of the four bedrooms has been decorated in an individual style and feature interesting furnishings, artwork or prints across the walls and a real sense of charm and pride. The cosy living room has a fireplace for cooler months or enjoy the summer with the doors leading straight out on to the gardens....
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
In the nearby village (7km) you will find a bakery for your morning croissants and bread, a butchers, a small grocery shop with bar and a garage with a café. It’s just a little further to larger supermarkets such as those in Mirepoix (16km) or Pamiers (24km). This area is a paradise for hikers with the rolling hills and valleys. There is tennis in the local village as well as horse-riding and fishing nearby and golf lovers can head to Golf de Carcassonne within 45 minutes. If you are a food lover then you may appreciate the foie gras producer in the farm just across from the chateau and don’t miss the highly recommended Monday morning market in nearby Mirepoix (16km), a delightful town known for its beautiful market square and ancient timer-framed houses. Discover the Romanesque ruins and 13th century castles dotted around the landscapes; within a short drive you can be in the heart of the Cathar country. Visit the ruins of the famous Château de Montségur (45km), one of the last strongholds of the Cathars and there’s a museum in the village nearby. Head north to Castelnaudary (27km), the birthplace of the Cathars, and be sure to try some local cassoulet as well as taking a boat trip around the grand bassin of the Canal du Midi. The cycle route along the Canal du Midi may also appeal as it’s suitable for all abilities and ages, making a perfect day out for the whole family with a picnic stop along the way. It goes without saying that the fortified city of Carcassonne (48km) is a must see, there are guided tours and medieval shows throughout the summer to entertain all visitors. One of the largest local markets is in Carcassonne, held on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday mornings at Place Carnot in the town centre. Other day trips should include delightful Limoux (45km), on the Aude River, always bustling with activity, especially in the summer. The market on a Friday morning is simply wonderful when shopping for local, fresh produce or simply find a picturesque café in one of the pretty squares for coffee and pastries. You are also not too far from Toulouse (70km), known as ‘La Ville Rose’ (the pink city), a vibrant place full of history and culture with many cafes, restaurants, museums and shops as well as the City of Space, a must for all the family.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 paid to the owner by bank transfer one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 5.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 11.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, excluding pool towels.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. This includes a clean kitchen, no papers or cigarette ends on the lawn or in the yard, removal of waste, etc and ensuring that all furniture, furnishings and fittings are left in their original place and condition as on arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Tax : Tourist tax must be paid locally on arrival.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- Minimum stay : 2 nights except July, August and Christmas when 7 nights.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Other Ts and Cs : Stag&Hen Parties/Celebrations authorised on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay (a copy of the policy must be provided to the owner prior to the arrival).