Villa in the countryside of Tuscany
An exceptional venue for a large gathering of friends or family, Villa Cecconi combines everything you need for a week or two in Tuscany. Situated in sought-after Chianti wine country, within easy reach of Siena and Florence, this former 14th-century watchtower is not only a superb base for exploring Tuscany but an elegant retreat with enough space, style and services to delight guests of all ages.
As you turn off the country road to Villa Cecconi for the first time, you can immediately get a sense of its grandeur. Perfectly spaced, tall cypress trees and colourful rose bushes line the immaculate driveway which leads you up through the gates to a magnificent wisteria covered parking area. Sublime views sweep over vineyards to the towers of San Gimignano in the distance, and the landscaped gardens lead you down to an inviting, large pool area. It is a magical place to switch off and enjoy rural Tuscany in style.
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Cecconi is located in Chianti, a region which many consider is the heart of Tuscany. Famous for its delicious Chianti wine and fertile hills, the region is a magnet for wine buffs and foodies alike. For art history lovers, a visit to Tuscany is to experience at first hand some of the most important settings and artworks from the Italian Renaissance, such as Michelangelo’s David in the Accademia and Brunelleschi’s Duomo. Many villas in Tuscany take hours to find along bumpy country roads, but Villa Cecconi is easily reached just five drive minutes easy drive from the modern town of Poggibonsi where you will also find a couple of supermarkets. The more historic town of San Gimignano is just 15 minutes away for good restaurants, pizzerias and cafes. Food plays a central role in Tuscan life so enter into the spirit, find a scenic spot, sip on a glass of Chianti Classico and be sure to try the region’s best seasonal produce. From light tomato Panzanella or Fagioli bean dishes to wild boar stews and fresh pasta, all finished off with mouth-watering cantucci biscuits and Vin santo dessert wine, Tuscan cuisine cannot fail to disappoint. Be sure to visit the farmer's markets in Poggibonsi on Tuesdays or San Gimignano on Thursdays. For a smooth ride into Florence or Siena, follow the main road from Poggibonsi or leave the car at Poggibonsi station and jump on a local train there. Florence is the larger of the two, with its amazing collection of Renaissance art and architecture, a fantastic range of boutiques and a wide selection of restaurants. Siena is nearer, just a 20-minute drive from the villa. With an array of fabulous churches, galleries, restaurants, Renaissance and Gothic architecture and a stunning central piazza, one visit will not be enough.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m. - 6.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 9.00 a.m. - 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs approximately between €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Security deposit :
- Security deposit :
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings and any other special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.