Manoir Des Chasseurs at Bourgogne-Franche-Comté
In the heart of rural Burgundy, where Charolais cattle graze in nearby fields, this charming 18th-century manor house has stunning views over the surrounding hills and woods of the Parc Naturel Régional du Morvan.
Originally built as a hunting lodge, it was modified in the early twentieth century to become a summer residence for the long-standing owners in Dijon. The most recent owners have restored this historical residence with great sensitivity, respecting the wonderful handicraft across the manoir, furnishing the home with period pieces and also featuring calming pieces of masters and contemporary art. What they have created is a characterful and graceful place from which to discover this stunning part of Burgundy.
With seven first-floor bedrooms, up to 12 guests can enjoy Manoir des Chasseurs; there is ample space across the vast ground floor with a choice of two living areas, a dining room and...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Manoir des Chasseurs is in the heart of rural Burgundy with a glorious position in the Parc Naturel Régional du Morvan. The manoir is surrounded by woodland, hills and farmland with views of surrounding farm houses and fields of grazing Charolais cattle. There is a tiny village within 3km where you will find a restaurant open for lunch and dinner (booking is advisable and it’s usually closed Sunday evenings and Mondays). At the manoir you will also be given a list of local restaurants or auberges and their opening times in the area. About ten minutes away is Saint-Léger-sous-Beuvray (7km) where there is a small grocery store selling bread (usually closed Mondays) or even better head to Étang-sur-Arroux (18km) where there are two bakeries and a supermarket. Larger shops and supermarkets as well as a great choice of restaurants can be found in Autun (24km), a fascinating town founded by the Romans and full of historical sights, including a beautiful cathedral in the old town as well as a lovely central square which hosts a market on a Wednesday and Friday morning. Here you are in the heart of the very rural Parc Naturel Régional du Morvan where you will find beautiful woodlands, streams and waterfalls, gentle rolling hills and hidden villages. Wonderful for hikers and cyclists or you may prefer to canoe or raft down a river or sail or kayak on one of the lakes. You can go horse riding through the spectacular scenery or take a ride in a horse-drawn carriage for a touch of luxury. There are also hot-air balloon rides leaving from Autun (24km) an amazing way to see some of the breath-taking vistas around you. Head to Mont Beuvray (14km) in the wooded hills where you will not only finding outstanding natural beauty but also the brilliant Bibracte, which tells the history of ancient life in Gaul. There are some amazing trails for hikers, horse-riders and mountain bike here, including guided tours. This is of course a wonderful place from which to explore the world-famous Burgundy wine region. In the heart of the wine-producing region is Beaune (73km), just over an hour away. This is the home of the magnificent Hospices de Beaune, one of France’s most stunning historical buildings and there’s a great market on Wednesday and Saturday mornings. There are some wonderful restaurants in Beaune including around 30 Michelin starred establishments in the town and surrounding wine villages. Follow the wine road, Route des Grands Crus, and discover little villages such as Pommard, Volnay, Meursault (with an amazing chateau) and Puligny Montrachet and idyllic vineyards across the Côte de Nuits and Côte de Beaune region where you can sample wines; private wine tastings can be arranged on request. Dijon (104km), just 90-minutes away at the top end of the wine route, is a historical town with a delightful old quarter and of course famous mustard stores whilst Cluny (95km) to the south is a stunning medieval village most famous for its abbey, a National Monument of France, once the largest in the western world. If you have even more time to travel further afield you can explore beautiful Vichy (130km) for its baths, Paray-le-Monial (74km) with its amazing basilica and Tournus (100km) with its stunning cathedral.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €800 paid to the owner by bank transfer one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : Between 4.00 p.m. and 6.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes (excluding heating).
- Heating costs included? : No. A daily rate applies whenever central heating is required (usually around €20 per unit) which will be deducted from the security deposit. Firewood for the fireplaces in the living rooms is included. Electric heaters in the bathrooms are included.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels. Mid-stay linen change for stays longer than one week.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, however, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- A mid-stay clean is included for stays longer than one week.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges. Stag/hen parties are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : Guests are kindly requested to supervise children at all times, especially by the pool which has a depth of 1.5m