Casale Melissa at Marche
Tucked away and surrounded only by typical Le Marche countryside and tree-dotted hills is breathtaking Casale Melissa. This characterful country house has been tastefully renovated throughout, with the amount of love and care taken clear to see in every little touch. An abundance of natural materials reflect Casale Melissa’s stunning rural position. Wooden beams and shutters and stone fireplaces effortlessly blend the inside and outside, giving you the feeling of being part of the very landscape.
The private setting of Casale Melissa means total peace and tranquillity. Soak up this atmosphere as you unwind in any one of its elegantly and warmly-furnished rooms. All of them breathe tradition, as they feature terracotta bricks and stones from the original building. One of the most impressive spaces is the grand dining hall where everyone can get together and enjoy delicious meals.
Six restful bedrooms are on offer at...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Despite Casale Melissa being nestled deep in the Le Marche countryside, the nearest village is just a 10-minute drive away. Here you'll find some bars and supermarkets, as well as a bakery and a chemist. There's also a small market on Fridays, with the town of Benedetto del Tronto (42km) being home to another great market on Tuesday and Friday mornings. One of the most laidback ways to discover the breathtaking scenery of the area is by horseback. Centro Ippico “La Ginestra” (10km) is a great place to learn the basics and brush up on any existing riding skills before exploring the wider area. Enjoy hiking through the dramatic landscapes of Monti Sibillini National Park (47km) and those around Lago di Fiastra (60km). The closest beach to Casale Melissa is at Pedaso (35km), but it's quite small and pebbly, so you may prefer to head down the coast to San Benedetto del Tronto. Why not follow the beach cycle path to the town and reward yourself when you get to its sandy stretch by lying back and listening to the sea gently lapping the shore. Other lovely beaches along the coast include those at Grottammare (40km) and Cupra Marittima (41km). Historic Ascoli Piceno (30km) is around a 45-minute drive away. The city is famous for its honey-coloured limestone buildings and bustling squares. Piazza del Popolo is home to 13th-century Palazzo dei Capitani del Popolo, with a cathedral and fascinating crypt to discover in Piazza Arringo. Another great place for sightseeing is the hilltop town of Fermo (37km) with its stunning cathedral and picturesque Piazza del Popolo. Enjoy people-watching as you relax at one of the terrace cafés in the piazza. There's also Macerata (65km), which is famous for the Opera Festival that runs every summer in an open-air amphitheatre. One of its most beautiful buildings is 18th-century Palazzo Buonaccorsi.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price.
- Linen & towels included? : Bath towels included, plus mid-week change for weekly stays. Bed linen not included, extra €10 per person payable on arrival.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Changeover day : Saturday in June, July, August and September. Flexible otherwise.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights in June, July, August and September. 4 nights any other periods.
- Heating costs included? : Included in the rental price.
- Pool heating charge? : Not included.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi access included.
- Pool towels included? : Pool towels included.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open from 1st May - 31st October, approximately. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges. Stag and hen parties are not allowed.