Pigna Rossa at Sicilia
This beautiful home is built into a hill on Sicily’s north-eastern coast, providing breathtaking views of the shore from every floor. Admire the incredible landscape while dining on the first-floor terrace, relaxing in the garden or swimming in the pool. A short drive away from a picturesque sandy beach backed by restaurants and bars, this villa is in the perfect location for a seaside getaway.
Spread across two floors, Pigna Rossa has a beautiful interior designed to make you feel completely at home. The ground floor is open plan, comprising of a modern kitchen which opens out to a spacious living/dining room. This space is the heart of the home – the perfect place to make memories with loved ones; whether it’s cosying up on the sofa after a long day or cooking breakfast in the morning. Climb the spiral staircase to reach the master bedroom, which has enormous windows that frame the landscape and open out to a terrace with...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
<div>Tucked away on the north-eastern coast of Sicily, this home is just a drive away from a pretty, sandy beach with brilliant sand and sapphire-coloured water. If you walk along the shore, you’ll find a wide range of restaurants where you can try some local dishes such as arancini, cannoli or caponata. There are also many different bars to choose from, serving cocktails, beer and local red wine. For a lovely day trip, head to Taormina, a bustling hilltop town with a gorgeous pebbled beach called Mazzarò. Slightly offshore, there is a breathtaking nature reserve called Isola Bella, which is filled with Mediterranean shrubs and lots of wildlife. To reach it, you walk across the small path that connects the island to the main beach. Diving and snorkelling are popular activities in the area, and you can also take a boat to the incredible Grotta Azzurra sea cave. Tourists often visit the city for its ancient Greco theatre, where you can still watch shows today. There are also several bars and restaurants dotted around, serving delicious food and drink with sea views. Mount Etna is an incredible active volcano listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Thanks to the fertile volcanic soils, there are miles of orchards and vineyards on the mountain’s lower slopes. There are many different guided tours and hikes up the mountain and skiing in the winter. As one of Italy’s most significant (and beautiful) landmarks, the volcano has a rich history. Its first recorded eruption was in 1,500 BC, and the Romans later believed that the Cyclops, a one-eyed mythical creature, resided there. Sicily has a diverse landscape that’s unlike any other. One minute you could be hiking up a volcano, the next relaxing on a sandy beach. There are many different caves and nature reserves to explore, as well as stunning countryside with lots of wildlife. With delicious wine, unique cuisine and extensive history, this region is the perfect place to visit.</div>
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m. - 9.00 p.m. (late arrivals between 9:00 p.m. and 12:00 a.m. will be charged €30, paid locally).
- Departure time : 8.00 a.m. - 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Included up to 300 kWh per week. Extra consumption fee of €0.30 per kWh (paid locally).
- Heating costs included? : Extra cost, payable locally and based on consumption.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including mid-week towel change.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Changeover day : Saturday in high season. Flexible during all other periods.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. All other durations on request.
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs approximately between €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Pool opening dates? : Open approximately mid-June to end- September. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Other Ts and Cs : There are 3 air-conditioning units featured in the living room, in the double bedroom on the ground floor and in the double bedroom in the 1st floor.