Villa Palchi at Umbria
Part of a sprawling private estate and with unspoilt views over the Umbrian countryside, Villa Palchi is a tranquil retreat full of both history and modern luxuries. A stay here feels like you’re truly away from it all and enjoying a typical rustic experience in the heart of nature. The gardens that surround the villa offer places for leisure and relaxation, with an infinity pool that has some of the very best hill and valley views.
Both the villa and detached annexe are traditional stone buildings that blend seamlessly into their naturally beautiful surroundings. The interiors have been lovingly and tastefully restored to retain original features and charm, as well as showcase contemporary style. The wood-beamed ceilings in the villa’s living space are especially impressive, with a beautiful arched window flooding the room with light. It’s the perfect place for socialising and unwinding with loved ones at any time of the...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Palchi sits in a wonderfully privileged setting, in an elevated position on an expansive private estate. The estate's landscapes include woods, valleys, hills, vineyards, olive groves, rivers and lakes. There's even a farm with plenty of cute and friendly animals to visit. It's the perfect place to get close to the Umbrian countryside and discover its idyllic flora and fauna. Although the villa is in a secluded spot within a rural setting, the nearest restaurant is just five minutes away on the estate itself. More restaurants, shops and a bank can be found in the next-closest village, which is around a 10-minute drive. Umbertide is a city on the Tiber River that has a lovely, welcoming atmosphere throughout its historic streets. Pretty piazzas are full of cafes and restaurants for sampling delicious regional foods. Some of the most impressive structures in the city include 16th-century Santa Maria della Reggia church and La Rocca, a medieval stone fortress that gives stunning views over the surrounding area. Sure to be a hit with the sweet-toothed is the city of Perugia, as it's famous for its chocolate! History and architecture lovers will also appreciate the wealth of medieval and Renaissance buildings and structures. Just for starters, there's Fontana Maggiore, a marble fountain carved with zodiac signs and biblical scenes, Priori Palace, and a Gothic cathedral. For an unforgettable experience, take a ride on the Funivia Colle Eletto in the town of Gubbio. It's a stand-up cable car that takes you up Monte Ingino, with Sant'Ubaldo Basilica and views over the Apennines Mountains to be found at the top. Città di Castello is the place to go if you're an admirer of art. The city's 14th-century Church of San Domenico features many 15th-century frescoes by some of Italy's best Renaissance painters. The Municipal Art Gallery (Pinacoteca) is housed within the beautiful Palazzo Vitelli alla Cannoniera and is where you can see more paintings by artists such as Raphael and Lorenzetti. For a beach experience, head to the town of Castiglione del Lago at Lake Trasimeno. Make a day of it by packing a picnic and relaxing on hired sun loungers. You can also hire pedalos and canoes for having fun on the water. Worth the extra journey time to reach is the town of Cortona with its Archaeological Park. Highlights here include the ancient Etruscan tombs and remains of Roman roads. Treat yourself to the local tipple in Montepulciano, with the town being famous for Vino Nobile red wine made with grapes from the surrounding vineyards.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1500 charged to client’s credit card by the owner as a pre-authorisation upon arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes (Bath towels changed mid-week and linen changed mid-stay for bookings of 2+ consecutive weeks).
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- Changeover day : Saturday. All other changeover days on request.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights (short-breaks may be possible on request outside of high season).
- Heating costs included? : Yes, except in low season.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Internet access? : WI-Fi connection included.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately from May to mid-October. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.