This stunning country house is ideally located on the outskirts of a calm village at the foot of the northern slope of Mount Etna, offering breathtaking mountainous views you can admire from its various terraces. Dry stone walls frame the well-maintained garden, seamlessly blending it in with the rest of the greenery. Made up of a main villa and separate annex, Marsalese Nocelle is ideal for large groups who want the space to spread out.
Take the stairs up to the main entrance and you’re immediately greeted by this home’s quirky character. Intricate tiled flooring compliments the antique furnishings with contemporary décor creating the perfect blend of old and new styles. Each bedroom is meticulously decorated, creating a lovely home away from home feeling. There is a kitchen in both the villa and annex, filled with everything you need to cook up something tasty for dinner.
You’ll be blown away by the enchanting views of Mount...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Marsalese Nocelle is located in a prime position at the foot of the slopes of Mount Etna, near a charming local village. You’ll be blown away by the enchanting views the volcano provides as well as the lush orchards and rich vineyards the Volcanic soil helps to create. Beautiful villages are dotted around the nearby area, home to a wide selection of eateries, cafés and bars. The ‘black town’ of Randazzo, so named for its gothic buildings made out of dark lava blocks, is within easy reach of the villa and is full of charm and interesting medieval sites. One of Italy’s most notable landmarks, Mount Etna is an active volcano that’s listed a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Throughout summer and winter, there are lots of expeditions (with varying levels of difficulties) that take you around the volcano – you can even climb to its incredible summit! The knowledgable tour guides will talk about some of its fascinating history and are happy to answer any questions you may have. Visiting in the cooler months? You can even enjoy the amazing experience of skiing down the slopes. If you feel like a change of scenery, hop in the car and drive to the Gorges of the Alcantara. Deep gorges are cut into a stunning river, where you can swim and, if you’re daring enough, go caving. Fancy something more relaxing? Giardini Naxos (34km) is a picturesque sandy beach that’s popular with tourists thanks to its bright white sand and crystal-clear water. The hilltop town of Taormina (45km) is also home to another gorgeous beach, as well as some wonderful historical sites including an ancient Greek theatre. Drive to the coast and you will find the city of Catania. Discover all that the ancient port city has to offer, including a handful of pretty piazzas, the Monastery of San Benedetto and the baroque Palazzo Biscari. Catania is also home to many bustling markets, including the fish market which has been taking place for centuries.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : Between 4.00 p.m. and 9.00 p.m.
- Departure time : Between 8.00 a.m. and 10.00 a.m.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Extra charge based on consumption and payable locally.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including mid-week changes.
- Security deposit :
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. All other durations on request.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Pool towels included? : Yes, changed weekly.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are not allowed.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note, this property does not have air-conditioning.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that your booking will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner or their property manager.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that only the 10 person prices include the rental of the villa and annex, please see the 'features' tab for full details.
- Pool heating charge? : Included. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately April to end-November. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.