Villa Lygian is a charming, five-bedroom villa in the quaint village of Katouna on the Greek island of Lefkada, newly renovated for 2019. The villa boasts sweeping sea views and is only a short stroll from the coast. Perhaps the standout feature here is the pool terrace, surrounded by a beautiful tree and flower garden, and there’s a barbeque area and dining table – ideal for balmy, alfresco afternoons. The villa is spread across three spacious levels and can comfortably sleep 10 – making it perfect for a group stay.
Kick back on the built-in day beds surrounding the private pool or relax on a soft, grassy spot. The pool area also benefits from a handy outdoor shower, a shaded area with bean bags for when you need some rest from the warming sunshine, and an outdoor cinema – fancy. From here, glass doors lead directly inside the villa, where there’s a spacious living room, dining room and a fully-equipped country-style kitchen....
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Lygian is in the sleepy village of Katouna on the laidback Greek island of Leftkada. There is sea access, less than a kilometre from the villa. Although it's linked to the Greek mainland via a small bridge, Lefkada remains one of the Ionian’s most unspoiled destinations. Katouna is a classic Greek village and retains is old-world charm with its pretty cobbled streets and pastel-coloured houses. There’s a small harbour and a marina lined with restaurants, cafés and bars, as well as a few café-dotted squares.For venturing further afield, Lygia is about 1.5km away. Here, you’ll find more shops and restaurants. You can drive 10 minutes to Leftkada town where you can spend afternoons wandering the cobbled streets, exploring the surrounding olive groves, or lazing on one of the unspoilt beaches. Egremn and Kathisma are both popular. The waters are usually clear and perfect for snorkelling and swimming. There are also more restaurants and cafes here – look out for oven-baked goodies like swordfish and stuffed aubergines. For a dose of history, the picturesque Faneromeni Monastery, dating from the 17th century is your go-to. It has delicate stained-glass windows and a peaceful courtyard. You could also visit the crumbling Castle of Agia Mavra, located near the entrance of the island. You could also hop a boat to explore the nearby islands. Scorpios Onassis Island, Poet Valaoritis, and Meganisi are some of the beautiful islands that you can visit them by either renting a boat or joining a boat trip. You can reach more isolated sandy beaches with glass-clear waters for swimming.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Arrival time : Guests may check in from 16:00
- Departure time : Guests are requested to checkout by 10:00
- Security deposit : €1000 to be paid on arrival and to be refunded in full subject to a damage inspection on departure
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, included in rental price. There is a midweek clean & linen change as well.
- Minimum stay : There is no minimum stay
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation, personal accidents and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Internet access? : Complimentary Wifi is available throughout the villa