Stylishly Elegant Kefalonian Villa with Idyllic Views Surrounded in Lush Nature
Villa Taphius is an elegant Kefalonian house comprised of two buildings, complete with idyllic views and fantastic sunsets. Located in peaceful surroundings and enveloped in lush nature, the villa is a great place to get away from it all. The exteriors are crafted in a peach coloured, luxurious beach house format.
Outside, there’s a luxurious curved swimming pool with two levels, accompanied by shaded sunbeds and plenty of decking space. The characterful hexagonal gazebo has open sides and lace style edging, surrounded by grass. Curl up after your refreshing dip with a good book and admire the views. There’s also a hydromassage hot tub, perfect for relaxing and de-stressing.
Access the living space through the huge glass doors that soak the villa in natural light. Elegant French country style white furniture is teamed with a comfortable white sofa. Fresh flowers help to bring some of the Mediterranean countryside...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Kefalonia is an ideal family holiday destination. The largest of the Ionian islands, it is a fantastic destination for a family holiday. Close to many of the best beaches, the setting of the villa is wrapped in lush greenery. Quiet and serene, the villa is situated in Antipata Erisou village in the Markantonata area at the northern tip of the island. Kefalonia is encompassed by glorious beaches all around the island. Close to the villa, Assos beach is perfect for swimming in the impossibly blue peninsula and relaxing under a sun umbrella. The drive down to this beach is also scenic, through pine and cypress trees. Assos village is also charming and picturesque, with lots of tavernas where you can enjoy a traditional meal. On the other side of the island, red sand Xi beach is so unique - framed with sand cliffs and bright red clay that visitors can use for an impromptu face mask. The water is warm and shallow for swimming — definitely a beach with a difference. Take a day trip to the stunning Melissani Caves. There are two intriguing chambers - the light cave illuminated by a hole in the ceiling, accessed by boat over the deep blue waters and a dark cave with fascinating stalagmites. Surrounded by luscious forestry, it is also known as the Cave of the Nymphs, partly because of the imagery inside. There are also clay figures inside the chambers. The second largest town on Kefalonia, Lixouri has an old port and a welcoming, quaint atmosphere. The main square by the port is bordered on three sides by lovely cafes, bars and tavernas. Check out the Jacobean-era Lahovatios Library, where you can marvel at rare books and manuscripts that once belonged to the aristocracy. In town, pick up some local honey and one of the island's famous soaps made from extra virgin olive oil and fresh herbs. Greek food is notoriously fresh and delicious - try out a meze platter to sample a little of everything. Try moussaka - layers of minced meat and tomato sauce with aubergine and creamy bechamel sauce, baked like a lasagne. Another dish is souvlaki, skewered meat and sometimes vegetables, grilled to perfection. Some delicacies specific to Kefalonia are mandola, consisting of roasted almonds and sugar with local seaweed, which gives the snack a red hue. Riganada is a tasty dish made from bread slices with oregano and feta cheese. Kipouri is a beautiful and famous monastery on Kefalonia. It is also known as 'Land of the Vegetables' after the monks that used to take care of the garden. Inside, discover ancient artefacts and religious imagery. Dramatically overhanging a 100m high cliff, this monastery has an expansive courtyard that is a fantastic seat for the region's amazing sunsets. Take your place and watch the skylight on fire.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : Credit cards details may be requested as guarantee
- Arrival time : 3pm
- Departure time : 11am
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Included in the rental price
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed
- Changeover day : Flexible
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included in the rental price. Cleaning every 3 days also included.
- Smoking Allowed? : Not permitted
- Minimum stay : 7 nights
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property
- Tax : Included in the rental price
- Internet access? : Complimentary WiFi is available at the property
- Pool towels included? : Included in the rental price