Six-bedroomed Villa Giannis is a beautiful traditional Cretan villa, sitting pretty on the hillside and offering the most amazing views of the port city Heraklion and the Cretan Sea. Surrounded by trees, vineyards and a large garden, the peaceful and tranquil environment, as well as the privacy offered and spacious design, makes this villa an ideal holiday home for families, friends and couples alike.
The extensive landscaped grounds set the tone of this luxurious villa. With a private entrance leading up to the stone-walled property and grassy spots dotted with plants and shrubs, there’s plenty of places for children to play and you to unwind with your favourite holiday read. There are also two swimming pools – including one shallower pool for kids – a football and volleyball net and several loungers for some family fun or well-deserved R&R while soaking up the warm Mediterranean sun.
For romantic evenings,...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Giannis is in Houdetsi, a beautiful village about 23km south of the city of Heraklion, Crete. It’s a peaceful spot that’s known for its wine with olive trees and vineyards and traditional Cretan music. Well worth a visit are the water fountain in the village centre and the folklore museum of music with traditional instruments from all over the world. There’s also a gorge leading to the Sacred Monastery of the Madonna nearby – magical natural scenery full of tall trees and plenty of running water. For history lovers, if you drive 12km south-west of Houdetsi, you’ll reach the Monastery of Saint George, built around 1600. There’s also the impressive Monastery of Agarathos, 14km east which is considered one of the oldest monasteries in Crete or the castle of Nikiforos Fokas, 14km northwest. In Heraklion itself, the capital of Crete, there’s plenty of things to see and do. The Palace of Knossos, just outside the city, is a vast archaeological site dating back thousands of years to the Minoan civilization and includes frescoes and baths. Guarding the city’s Venetian port is the 16th-century Koules fortress, and there’s the Heraklion Archaeological Museum has an extensive collection of Minoan art. Heraklion isn’t all about out ancient sites though with top-notch restaurants serving Cretan cuisine, boutique shops and a lively nightlife. It’s also home to one of the richest markets in the Mediterranean where you can get traditional Greek products like olive oil, honey and herbs. Heraklion’s bragging rights also continue with its serene beaches. The stretches of sand in this central part of Crete’s north coast range from the lively hangouts in Malia to the rugged bays of the deserted island, Dia. You can swim, snorkel, take part in water sports like sea kayaking and scuba diving or jump on a boat trip. Moreover, a modern golf course both for beginners and advanced players is not far away from the city of Heraklion, in the area of Hersonissos.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Departure time : Check out time is 11:00
- Arrival time : Check in from 16:00
- Energy costs included? : Energy costs are included in the rental fee
- Linen & towels included? : Linen & towels are included in the rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : End of stay clean is included in the price
- Smoking Allowed? : Guests are requested not to smoke in the villa.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation, personal accidents and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Security deposit : A credit card number will be required at check in as form of security deposit.
- Security deposit :
- Security deposit :
- Internet access? : Internet access is available at he villa