Unique Charming Country Cottage Retreat in Beautiful Dorset
Meadow Cottage offers the charm and character of a country house, with its own unique styles and magical features. Situated in the beautiful Dorset town of Wimborne Minster, this traditional 18th century cottage is the perfect holiday retreat. Set within a walled garden on the Deans Court estate, the cottage offers ample space for six guests to rest and restore, with space for four within the cottage itself, and two in the quirky shepherd’s hut which is found in the picturesque garden.
Paired with Stour Valley Cottage, a similar six-guest property next door, this set up is perfect for two families travelling together, that can enjoy each other’s company, whilst benefiting from the privacy of separate cottages.
Chalk white walls, Farrow & Ball paints and re-upholstered vintage furniture create a warm atmosphere. Meadow Cottage has been lovingly restored, with a careful attention to detail, leaving every nook...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Meadow Cottage holds a marvellous location within the beautiful county of Dorset, an area known for its rolling dales, protected heathlands and breath-taking Jurassic coastline. The house is situated in the charming town of Wimborne Minster, perfect for a quiet break away from busy day to day lives. Set within the town, The Tivoli Theatre, with its Art Deco interiors, is perfect for evenings of entertainment. It runs a full programme of cinema, theatre and music, with something for everyone. Kids and adults alike love to explore the tiny streets of the small Model Town. A perfect scale replica (1:10) of Wimborne in 1950! The town boasts fifteen pubs and bars, perfect after long country walks or cosy evenings out for dinner. The house is within reaching distance of fabulous beaches, wonderful countryside, historical attractions and charming market towns. Just twenty minutes away, is the picturesque town of Poole, here you can hop on a ferry and visit neighbouring islands or soak up the sunrays on the near-by golden beaches at Sandbanks and Bournemouth. Other close-by towns which are well worth a visit include the charming county town of Dorchester, Weymouth with its recognisable Georgian seafront and the lively market towns of Bridport and Lyme Regis. The famous Durdle Door, a natural limestone arch, is just a forty five-minute car journey away and is a must-visit while in the area.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : The client will be required to provide credit card details to the owner for a £1000 damage deposit. It will be pre-authorised one week before the booking commences, any moneys owed will be discussed with the hirer and taken within one week of the hire coming to an end and the balance refunded within 2 weeks of departure.
- Arrival time : 4.30pm
- Departure time : 10.30am
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, included in rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, included in rental price
- Minimum stay : We have four pricing seasons (low, mid, high and Christmas) - and our bookings are either 3-night weekends (Friday to Monday), 4-nigh midweek (Monday to Friday) or 7-nigh full weeks (arriving either Monday or Friday).
- Changeover day : Mondays or Fridays
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi included in rental price
- Pets welcome? : Yes - pets are allowed for a charge of £25 per pet, per stay