Gorgeous Historic Chateau with 17 Hectares including a Private Chapel in Heart of Rhone Valley
The Chateau Poesie sleeps 15 guests in 9 double/twin bedrooms, all with en-suite bathrooms.
A gorgeous new farmhouse cottage with 7 en-suite bedrooms is also available for holiday rentals at a supplement, whereas already included in case of weddings and other events.
The chateau and the cottage can accommodate up to 29 guests.
The entire estate has been lovingly restored to its former glory and is furnished with both modern and traditional furnishings.
Guests at this historic 18th century chateau will be pleased to know that the cooking, heating and telecommunications facilities are all 21st century.
The wonderful, fully enclosed landscape embraces 17 hectares of mature parkland, elegant formal gardens, orchards, streams and an exciting range of sporting facilities including squash, tennis & basketball, a large swimming pool and a fully equipped gym. The Chateau Poesie itself sits at the end of a...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Tennis Courts: Community
Outdoor Dining Area
Château Poesie can be found half an hour north-east of the beautiful city of Avignon in the Vaucluse department of Provence. Avignon Airport is 32km away or arrive by train into Avignon’s TGV station just south-west of the city. You can walk to the local village (2km) or it’s just a few minutes in the car – it’s a charming place with all the basic amenities you should need such as a bar, café, pizzeria, bank and medical centre. There are many other pretty villages in the area within a short drive as well as vineyards producing Côtes du Rhône and Côtes du Ventoux wines. This region is also well known for its melons, truffles and sweet delicacies (calisson), all of which can be discovered in season at wonderful local markets in places such as Monteux (8km), Aubignan (8km) and Carpentras (12km). Local farmers often bring their baskets of seasonal produce to sell directly from the traditional wooden trestle tables, placed under a canopy of plane trees. As an extra payable service, the chef can prepare picnics for you to enjoy among the vineyards and orchards by the riverbank. There is also canoeing close by as well as horse-riding, hiking and lots of cycling (especially with Mount Ventoux close by as well as cycling trails even closer between local villages). Experience one of the many world-class operas and concerts that take place across the region, including concerts held in historic Roman theatres in Vaison-la-Romaine (28km) and Orange (18km). Furthermore, the Summer Arts Festival in the old papal city of Avignon (27km) is famous for its films, theatre and street performers. The exquisite Roman city of Nîmes (68km) is just an hour away or follow in Van Gogh’s footsteps and spend time in the Gordes (38km), one of France’s ‘Plus Beaux Villages’ or the charming town of Saint-Rémy-de-Provence (46km). Indeed, the area is steeped in history. There are ruins, ancient villages, monuments, museums, medieval villages and towns and unchanged countryside to see and explore. The influence of Greek and Roman involvement over the last 2500 years is obvious everywhere.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €8750 paid via bank transfer to the owner one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : After 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : By 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking in the property.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. Short breaks may be accepted during certain periods on request - please enquire for a quote.
- Pool opening dates? : Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Other Ts and Cs : The 15-person price is for the main château only (9 bedrooms) whilst the 29-person price also includes the farmhouse (7 bedrooms).