Enchanting Magnificent Luxury Chateau Retreat with 50 Hectares in Charente
This magnificent chateau in Charente offers guests a luxury, catered holiday retreat in a medieval castle. Set on a 50 hectare estate in the southern Loire Valley, it also makes for an enchanting wedding venue.
Ten stately bedrooms situated across two floors include en suite bathrooms and are gorgeously fitted with 17th and 18th century furnishings, four-poster beds and fireplaces. Additional beds are available to accommodate up to 24 guests. Or, rent the chateau’s keep alongside the main chateau and sleep a total of 40.
The grand salon, formal dining room, elegant living room, and library are all adorned with sophisticated décor, antique art, and period furnishings that feel as if you’re living in a distant era. Aside from the impressive architecture, the castle boasts historical significance: The Black Prince once imprisoned the French King, Jean le Bon, in the castle’s keep after the battle of Poitiers in...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Le Chateau de Saint Louis is located in the most southern part of the Loire Valley in the region of Poitou-Charentes between the cities of Parthenay and Thouars. The castle is a 3 hour drive from Paris. By high-speed TGV train from Paris the travel time is 1.5 hours to Poitiers, which is a 45 minute drive to the castle.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : Enquire directly with the owner as to how much, and how it is paid. The security deposit is paid on arrival and will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection.
- Arrival time : 16.00
- Departure time : 10.00
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price. During the winter heating is charged to expenditure. To heat the chateau fully for a week costs in the region of €1500.
- Linen & towels included? : All linen and towels are included in the rental price.
- Pets welcome? : Please enquire.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included in the rental price.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking in the property.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.