Marvellous Medieval Hillside 7 Bedroom Stone Chateau Overlooking Gorgeous Dordogne Countryside.
Château de Marnieu is a magnificent medieval stone castle set on a hillside overlooking the gorgeous Dordogne countryside. The interior décor is elegant yet modest, combining traditional rustic motifs with modern design and gentle colour schemes.
Guests have exclusive use of a luxurious 6 x 12 metre heated swimming pool surrounded by lawns and stylish sun loungers, and overlooking neighbouring fields and woodland. This is the Périgord ‘Vert’ after all, renowned for luscious, uncultivated countryside, breath-taking granite valleys, and offering the chance to discover some authentic hidden gems in the villages and châteaux scattered throughout the region.
Get the best of the simple life, enjoying complete relaxation with a team of staff that offer a tailor made service for each group of guests, where the only limitation is your imagination!
Beautiful Brantôme, known as Venice of the Périgord, can be...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Périgord is a region where the cultural, natural and gastronomic riches have made the reputation. This area in the north of the region is known as the Périgord Vert, the name coming from the forests of clear oak and chestnut trees, and the wetlands, and meadows that make up the landscape. Located forty kilometers north-west of Perigueux, in the natural park Périgord-Limousin, and just 10 minutes from Brantôme, Chateau de Marineu is at the heart of the Périgord Vert, famous for its beautiful heritage, and its 1000 castles and mansions. You'll also find countless Romanesque churches and abbeys, picturesque medieval villages, along small country roads, and a warm, welcoming character. Discover gastronomic specialities of the region, their walnut oil, porcini, and foie gras. You can't leave without tasting the black truffle, the wines of Bergerac, potatoes "Sarlat", walnuts, chestnuts and strawberries from Périgord. Other attractions to discover in and around Périgord include: - Brantôme, the Venice of Perigord, the Abbey - Périgueux (prefecture), its cathedral, the Périgord museum, Abbey Chancelade - Angoulême (40 minutes) - Bordeaux (1:30), the city, the wine - Bourdeilles castle - Villebois-Lavalette - Sorges, the truffle market - The Castle of Puyguilhem - Prehistoric Caves of Villars - Peat Vendoire - Nontron, its church, castle - Varaignes castle - Baroque Music Festival (August)
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 paid via bank transfer or Paypal to the owner one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : After 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : Before 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that only the 14 guests prices include the Tower. Please see the 'Features' tab for full details.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open and heated approximately April to end-October. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights (3 or 4 nights are possible for wedding bookings).