Hilltop 6 Bedroom Chateau in Provence with Amazing 360 Degree Scenic Views
Featured as the villa in Secret France, Rick Stein’s latest BBC2 TV Series airing 5 November 2019.
Originally a 14th-century lookout tower, this hilltop château in Provence provides 360-degree views of the surrounding oak forest and lush landscapes below, accommodating 13 guests in comfort and style.
Thoughtfully restored with rustic and contemporary décor, the château has an inviting ambiance and plenty of comfortable places to relax; from the open living space with a wood-burning stove, to the cinema room, or the sun loungers by the pool with wonderful views overlooking the valley. It’s even a wonderful place in the winter, especially cosying up by the Christmas tree or simply gazing up at the clear starry skies at night.
The ancient terraces will be a popular spot for enjoying meals from the local market, especially the shaded terrace just off the impressive modern kitchen, where you’ll dine alongside...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
Beds & Bath
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Maison Sebastien is a five minute drive - or lovely twenty minute walk - from the village of St Michel L'Observatoire. The village is thriving with two restaurants, a cafè, a bakery and a butcher. It is also home to a major French Observatory. St Michel's position at the foot of the Midi-Alpes combined with a lack of light pollution gives it unique night skies at all times of year. Ten minutes drive from the house is the small medieval town of Mane and beyond - the regional centre - Forcalquier. Mane has a good pizza restaurant, pharmacy, bakery, butcher and Epicerie. Forcalquier is famous for it's absinthe, it's historic church and square and it's citadel high above the town but it also has two excellent supermarkets, a thriving - if crazy - Monday market and some lovely cafes restaurants and shops. There are many ways to get to the property: fly to Marseille or take a train to ether Aix en Provence TGV or Avignon TGV. There is now a direct train between London St Pancras and Avignon. The drive from London is approximately 14 hours. There are numerous useful local buses that link with both the airport and the train stations.
Let’s try that again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £800 charged to client’s credit card before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : After 4.00 p.m. (3.00 p.m. in the winter)
- Departure time : Before 10.00 a.m. (9.00 a.m in the winter)
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Extra €250 per week, if required (paid locally).
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Pool heating charge? : No.
- Changeover day : Saturday in July and August. Flexible during all other periods.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other special events are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : Approximately end-October to mid-April, only the 11-guest prices apply as the villa will only accommodate up to 11 guests (the studio does not have central heating and only a wood burning stove, therefore it is not available in the winter months). Please enquire.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to end-September. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.