Wonderful Unique 2 Bedroom Chateau Apartment in Dordogne
Le Pavillon D’Or is a unique and wonderful apartment in a glorious Château, located in a small Dordogne village surrounded by vineyards.
The village Château was originally built in the 16th Century yet in the mid-1800s it was unusually split into five apartments, each now owned by separate residents. Le Pavillon D’Or commands the right-wing of the Château and has been lovingly restored whilst retaining so much of its original character with four metre high ceilings, exposed beams and wood panelling in the elegant salon adorned with rich tapestries, rugs and stunning Baccarat crystal chandeliers. Doors lead through to the refined dining room with antique mirrors, which contrasting effortlessly with the modern kitchen; the ideal place to cook your candle-lit feast. Antique lace covers the tall French windows that open either side to the garden and courtyard, allowing sun to stream through your home.
On the first...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The apartment is located in the right-wing of a glorious Château in a small village in the Dordogne, dating back to the 16th and 17th century. In the mid 19th century the Château was unusually separated into five apartments, each now owned by separate residents. The Château has a rich and interesting history which you will no doubt learn about during your stay. One part of the Château is owned by the Mairie and is sometimes used for local events such as fairs, weddings and the annual wine and jazz festival. The village is small with two restaurants just a few minutes walk away, usually open from late April to October and during the summer there is a pop-up pizzeria once a week. There are communal tennis courts you can use in the village, free of charge. There are other good restaurants within a short drive in local villages plus a bakery within five minutes and a supermarket within ten minutes by car. There are of course some wonderful food markets to visit across villages and towns of the Dordogne including Bergerac (20km) on a Wednesday and Saturday morning, Eymet (20km) on a Thursday morning, local Sainte-Foy-la-Grande (11km) on a Saturday morning and a little further to the incredibly charming Issigeac (30km) on a Sunday morning. The Dordogne river is only 4km away where you can leisurely paddle a canoe amongst stunning scenery and golf lovers will appreciate the nearby Château des Vigiers where there is a 27-hole golf course as well as two restaurants. This area is very popular with cyclists and walkers, the pilgrimage route of Santiago de Compestela is also nearby. The whole region is a true haven for nature and activity lovers with horse-riding, boat trips, castles and even a bowling alley, paint ball centre, go-karting and an Aqua Park near Bergerac. Wine-lovers are in the perfect location with vineyards surrounding the local village, some of which are organic. One of the bio-dynamic vineyards just on the edge of the village has several wine courses and tours. As well as the famous La Route des Vins de Bergerac, you also have the Bordeaux vineyards to the west with beautiful Saint-Émilion (45km) less than an hour away. You are surrounded by idyllic villages and towns, full of history and character, worthy of a visit for a leisurely lunch and explore. The bastide town of Eymet (20km) is just 20 minutes away, the warren of medieval streets at Issigeac (30km) a little further or visit the attractive Sainte-Foy-la-Grande (11km) facing the Dordogne. Not forgetting beautiful Bergerac (20km) with its medieval architecture, narrow streets of boutiques and great restaurants as well as the unmissable Maisons de Vins. In under an hour you can access two of France’s Plus Beaux Villages, Monflaquin (58km) and Monpazier (56km) or follow the Dordogne east all the way to beautiful villages such as Beynac-et-Cazenac (80km), La Roque-Gageac (84km) and Domme (90km) before heading north to delightful Sarlat-la-Canéda (92km) or the UNESCO World Heritage site at Lascaux Caves (97km). For a change of scene you can also head west for a day trip to the coast to sample some local oysters at Cap Ferret (160km) or Arcachon (150km).
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid via bank transfer to the owner one month prior to the arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00-7.00 p.m. Please give Property Manager your estimated time of arrival 24hrs in advance and again 30 minutes prior to arrival.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that children under the age of 5 are not permitted.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, for stays of up to 1 week. Mid-stay cleaning is included for stay of 2 weeks. For stays of 3+ weeks, there will be an extra charge of €75/week (starting from the 3rd week.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Minimum stay : 3 nights (except mid-June to end of August when 7 nights).
- Other Ts and Cs : Guests are required to sign an owner's rental agreement prior to the arrival.