Lake Joseph Gem
Stunning newly renovated cottage with full western exposure for Muskoka sunsets. Located on Avon Bay, Lake Joseph in the Heart of Muskoka and well off Peninsula Road, 1km from Lake Joseph Golf Club and the quaint village of Port Sandfield. 5 bedrooms and 2.5 baths.
Cruise down to Port Sandfield for your morning latte and warm homemade sugar donuts as you stroll through the weekend Antique Market or come for a late afternoon ice cream cone while picking up some groceries at the upscale Village grocer. Take a quick boat ride through the Joe River, one of the entrances to Lake Rosseau’s hot spots, within easy driving distance to Clevelands House, Duke’s Refresher, Abbey’s Bakery, JW Marriott, The Rock Golf Club, Yoga and more!
With 130’ of prime west exposure lakefront, privacy and all day sun awaits you. Shallow water at the shoreline and deep off the end of the dock, there is something for every age group! Great for...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Pets Allowed On Request
Housekeeping: Additional services available for extra fee
Housekeeping: Additional services on request
Port Carling, the hub of the Muskoka Lakes with its trendy shops and restaurants plus numerous ice cream shops. This family cottage is the perfect spot for your summer vacation!
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- 2020 House rules include:
- All potential guests must complete a rental application where you will be asked to provide a full guest list, ages of all guests, the name address and employer of the primary applicant as well as their home insurance policy details. No reservation is confirmed until approved by MDR. The application will form the basis of your short-term lease agreement with MDR & the cottage owner and you understand and agree that you will abide by the terms therein. We will see you when you check in. If you have misrepresented yourself (your age, purpose of use) or your group, we reserve the right to cancel your stay without refund. If we find out after the fact you have automatically forfeited your damage deposit for breach of contract. We are looking for mature individuals who can be responsible for their actions, and show respect.
- Rates are subject to change until your reservation is confirmed.
- Linen, beach & bath towels included.
- No smoking, electronic or otherwise, inside the cottage.
- Open fires in the fire pit only please & check burn restrictions for the area before you arrive.
- Fireworks are NOT permitted.
- Please leave the cottage as you found it, tidy and with all garbage disposed of per the welcome letter.
- Note there may be a garbage removal fee of $500 per week. The initial cleaning fee pays for professional cleaners to prepare the cottage for you. A check out clean may be arranged for an additional fee, otherwise you are expected to leave the cottage as you found it, tidy and in good repair.
- WIFI is available at all of our cottages (unless specifically noted).
- Water activities, including motorized and non-motorized boating, are inherently dangerous. You indemnify the owners and their agents for any and all activities related to water activities.
- To ensure the quiet enjoyment of the lake by our neighbours, music or loud noise of any kind not permitted after 10pm or before 8am.
- Should you violate these terms you may be subject to an extra nuisance charge equal to the damage deposit as well as eviction without refund.
- Resort Fee: For a one-time fee of $149.00, the Accidental Damage Limited Waiver of Liability will waive a claim against the Guest for the cost to repair or replace any accidental damage taking place at the property during the rental period for up to a total of $3,000.00 in damages. The Accidental Damage Limited Waiver of Liability only applies to accidental damage as determined by the owners. A damage deposit will still be required for casual damages, internet overage charges, extra cleaning charges, garbage disposal, pet cleanup, etc. The Accidental Damage Limited Waiver is not Insurance. Please leave the cottage as you found it and have a wonderful time at the lake!