Remarkable 9 Bedroom Chateau in Loire Valley
To stay in this remarkable château in the Loire Valley is a truly unique experience. It has been passed down the generations and remained in the same family since it was built in the mid-19th century and has recently been listed as a <i><span lang="EN-GB">Monument Historique.</span></i>
The château was born by the coming together of two dynasties - a famous Parisian royalist architect of the "noble suburb" of Saint-Germain and the Dukes of Plaisance who had an important presence in government at the time.The present owner is deeply proud of his heritage and has opened the château’s doors so guests can experience a stay in this magnificent building. He also lives in a small part of the castle and can offer private tours including the historically classified <i>grand salon</i> and original kitchens.
You can feel the historical ambience across the rooms open to guests at...
At a glance
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Château Des Dynasties is set in an incredible 60-acre park of beautiful countryside, perfect for long walks and there is a small lake for boating and fishing. The grounds were originally landscaped in 1867 as an ‘English style’ private park and they are now classed as a historic monument alongside the château. The estate features a fantastic Equestrian School allowing you to visit the 19th century stables, have horse-riding lessons in the sand arena or trek amongst the beautiful grounds. The château is just outside a small village with a bakery and tennis club whilst there are some good restaurants within a short drive in Chalonnes-sur-Loire along the banks of the river. Here you can also visit the old town, hire canoes along the river or rent a bike and pick up one of the wonderful cycling routes along the Loire River (including the <i>Loire à Vélo</i>). Kids and adults alike will love the little road train in July and August which visits the old town, river and even goes out to the surrounding vineyards! This region is of course known for its fantastic vineyards and private tours can be arranged to discover the various ‘crus’ (Coteaux du Layon, Savennières, Vins de Loire). There are also some wonderful boat trips along with river with wine-tasting involved! Just to the south the town of Cholet (33km) has a fascinating history connected to the French Revolution and textile industry which can be learnt about in the town’s excellent museums and discover the pre-historic megaliths dotted around the town. Just south of Cholet, families should also seek out the Puy de Fou (58km) a park with impressive historical re-enactment shows whilst train lovers young and old should visit the heritage railway at Chemin de Fer de la Vendée (44km). Heading north, cross the Loire River and you’ll reach the city of Angers (33km) on the River Maine with its magnificent 13th century castle and vibrant cultural and student vibe. Explore the narrow cobbled streets of the old town, full of cafes and restaurants and visit the largest tapestry in the world. Horse lovers should also head to Saumur (59km) with its famous equestrian school, Cadre Noir. Here you can also visit the fairy-tale château, take a boat up the Loire river, hire canoes or sample some of the region’s sparkling wine. Combine with a visit to the remarkable Fontevraud Abbey (70km) or the fascinating Troglodyte caves in Rochemenier (40km). For those with an urge to explore even further afield, it’s about two hours by car to Tours (135km), perhaps one of the best known cities in the Loire Valley and a wonderful place to visit not only for its fascinating history but also high-end gastronomy with some amazing markets across the city. You could combine with a visit to one of the famous castles in this part of the valley including Château de Villandry (115km), Château Royal d'Amboise (168km) and Château de Chenonceau (162km).
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €4000 paid to the owner by bank transfer one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : From 4.00p.m. to 8.00p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels. Mid-stay linen change for stays of 2 weeks.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, however, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit. Mid-stay cleaning is available on request, at extra cost.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Minimum stay : 2 nights.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and special events are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : The chateau sleeps 16 guests made up of 14 adults and 2 children.