Superb 5 Bedroom Historical Farmhouse with Pool Nestled in the Heart of Hidden Burgundy,
Nestled in the heart of hidden Burgundy, this beautiful home offers not only an incredible place to stay but also a wealth of memorable experiences arranged by the hospitable owner.
Dating back to the 17th Century, this historical farmhouse used to be part of a nearby Château, yet it has now been transformed into an elegant and welcoming holiday home. Enter through the magnificent oak doors, designed by the owner and made by local artisans, into the vast living and dining space. Full of warmth and light, the traditional flag stone floors and a cast-iron wood burner perfectly complement the sumptuous velvet sofas and contemporary open-plan kitchen with its duo wine-cellar. Dine around the huge oak table, created by the owner and her carpenter, the perfect place to enjoy amazing feasts with loved ones.
There are five individually styled bedrooms, full of colour and character, four of which are upstairs...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
La Ferme Gourmande is located in a village in the Côte D'Or wine region of Burgundy. Within a two-minute stroll you can be walking around the moat and woods surrounding a privately owned 13th century castle. The heart of the local village (500m) has a bakery and a local bistro serving drinks, salads, snacks and ice-cream in a pretty little garden. There’s also the beautiful Burgundy canal, perfect for leisurely walks or cycling; the owner has bikes that you can hire. Here you are in the heart of hidden Burgundy with a wealth of activities and places to visit on your doorstep. In this stunning Côte D'Or region, so well known for its remarkable wines, the owner has exclusive access to many of the finest vineyards and can arrange personal tours, wine tastings with lunch or picnics in the vineyards for wonderful days out. The town of Montbard (25km) is worthy of a visit with its lovely setting by the Burgundy canal and River La Brenne and also its TGV train station with high-speed trains to Paris in just over an hour or south to Dijon in 35 minutes. Combine with a trip to the pretty village of Semur-en-Auxois (11km) on the banks of the River Armanon or Fontenay Abbey (25km), a UNESCO World Heritage site. This is the perfect location to explore the region of Burgundy with Chablis (80km) and Noyers (50km) just an hour away to the north and Beaune (73km) and Dijon (60km) an hours drive south and east. There are numerous vineyards across these regions and private visits can be arranged by the owner to some of the best wine producers in the area. For a change of scene you can head west to visit the historic town of Saulieu with many internationally renowned restaurants. This is the gateway to the Parc Naturel Régional du Morvan where you will find beautiful woodlands, streams and waterfalls, gentle rolling hills and hidden villages. Wonderful for hikers and cyclists or you may prefer to canoe down the Yonne River, sail or kayak on one of the lakes or go horse riding through the spectacular scenery. Visiting the morning markets is another wonderful way to explore the area and sample some of the amazing food produced in the region. From small and local on a Sunday morning in Semur-en-Auxois to the vibrant market in Dijon on Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays in a market hall designed by Gustav Eiffel. Montbard and Salieu also have excellent markets on a Friday or Saturday morning, perfect for picking up delights to take back to your home. Indeed, some of the cooking classes that the owner hosts include a morning visit to a local market to pick up the ingredients for the lesson in cooking a feast! Golf-lovers will also be impressed with stunning courses throughout the region including the prestigious course at the Château de Chailly which can be combined with an exquisite meal in the hotel’s restaurant. As well as all the outdoor activities on offer, kids will also love the nearby Muséo Parc Alésia (10km), a huge park that tells the story of the ancient city Alesia, it’s battle and the fate of the town through tours, museum exhibitions, archaeological sites and historical re-enactments. There’s also an exhibition featuring the world’s most famous Gaul, Astérix.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €3000 paid to the owner by credit card authorization (Amex not accepted) upon signing the rental agreement, minimum one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.30 p.m.
- Security deposit : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, however guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit (rates as specified in the rental agreement).
- Pets welcome? : Service dogs only and with prior arrangement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Other Ts and Cs : The pool is open from approximately April to end of October, depending on the weather.
- Other Ts and Cs : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellation and personal travel.
- Other Ts and Cs : Guests will be required to sign a copy of the owner's rental agreement, minimum one month before arrival.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.