Delightful 4 Bedroom Home with Pool in Dordogne
Set in a little village just south of the Dordogne, this charming home with its own delightful swimming pool and lovely gardens is the perfect place for a relaxing stay in this wonderful part of southern France.
Situated next to a 14th century church, this former vicarage is in a tranquil setting in this sleepy village. There are lovely countryside views, creating a calm ambience in the glorious gardens which are filled with roses and terracotta pots of geraniums alongside the beautifully manicured lawns. Enjoy leisurely lunches or long summer evenings by the barbecue and pool house or laze by the dazzling heated swimming pool.
Wander up the stone steps to La Chaumière’s main entrance and you will find your comfortable surroundings in this beautifully restored 16th century home. The welcoming living room has been furnished in style with period pieces throughout and you can appreciate its history with wood-beamed...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
La Chaumière is set in its own private grounds next to a 14th century church in a small village in the Lot department, close to the Dordogne river. Surrounded by vast woodland and with wonderful countryside views, there’s a calm ambience here and it’s a very relaxing place to stay. The village has a hotel-restaurant (usually only open in summer months). You’ll find a bakery, butchers, restaurants, cafes and a lovely weekly market in nearby St Julien de Lampon (10km) or head over the river to Souillac (10km) for a greater choice of large supermarkets. Be sure to visit the impressive Abbey Sainte-Marie in Souillac and even better combine with a trip to the atmospheric market on a Friday morning. Head south to Gourdon (16km) with its honey stone coloured houses set beautifully on the hill and lovely warren of little streets. Beautifully preserved Rocamadour (32km) is another amazing place to visit, built on the edge of a cliff with the river at the bottom of the gorge. The Dordogne department also hosts a wealth of beautiful villages and towns, many of them classed as France’s Plus Beaux Villages such as pretty Saint-Amand-de-Coly (40km), with the famous Lascaux caves nearby or the 13th century bastide village of Monpazier (60km). Sarlat (26km) is one of the area’s most famous towns with its maze of medieval narrow streets, lovely squares and amazing restaurants plus a famous market on a Saturday morning. Other magical day trips include idyllic Domme (25km) high above the Dordogne river with its amazing caves, La Roque Gageac (30km), a perfect picture postcard village backed by steep cliffs and Castelnaud-la-Chapelle (35km) just across the river. Visit the topiary gardens at Eyrignac (24km) which opens up on Monday evenings in the summer for picnics and dance or Les Jardins de Marqueyssac (33km) set high above the river which also open on Thursday evenings in the summer when you can explore by candlelight. The whole region is a true haven for nature and sport lovers alike offering a wide array of outdoor activities, from horse-back riding and tennis, mountain-biking, golfing and canoeing along the river, not to mention the number of hiking and fishing opportunities in the area. Children will love exploring prehistoric caves and parks and historic castles or even a magnificent hot air balloon ride across the stunning region. The more adventurous may enjoy tree-top activities in the forests near Sarlat.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid on arrival to the owners in cash in Euros (Pounds Sterling on request only) and refunded on departure subject to full inspection. Please note that access to the villa will not be possible without this payment.
- Arrival time : 1.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- Pets welcome? : Yes, on request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Minimum stay : 4 nights in low season, 7 nights in mid and high seasons.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Other Ts and Cs : Stag/hen parties are not permitted. Weddings and other special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Security deposit :
- Security deposit :
- Security deposit :
- Other Ts and Cs : Air-conditioning is featured in the three first-floor bedrooms only
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs approximately between €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).