Fantastic 6 Bedroom Home in Loire Valley
Create cherished family memories in this charming home near the 17th-Century town of Richelieu in the southern part of the beautiful Loire Valley.
The lovely owners of this old stone farmhouse have created a warm and welcoming place ideal for relaxing holidays with family and friends. With six sweet bedrooms, including a spacious family bedroom, two new bathrooms and a comfortable living room with an open-fireplace, this has been their much-loved holiday escape for many years.
Step outside to find a hidden corner in the pretty gardens, dine with family and friends al-fresco in the shade of the covered terrace or relax by the heated swimming pool. Just by the pool is also an old barn which has been brilliantly converted to a games room where you will find children’s toys and games, table-tennis, table-football and badminton. That said, you may prefer a leisurely game of French <i>boules</i> in...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Les Papillons is located in the Loire Valley in the southern part of the Indre-Loire department, near the border of Vienne. On the edge of a village, you are surrounded by countryside and farmland with sunflowers in the summer months. Spot butterflies and rare birds in the woodland that backs on to the house. This area is especially great for walking and cycling along the surrounding roads straight from the house. There are also fishing opportunities nearby. You can stroll into the small village where you will find a bakery for your morning bread and pastries and there are two local restaurants within a 2-3km drive, with more a little further. You can cycle or drive to nearby Richelieu (10km) quite easily where you will find a greater variety of restaurants, supermarkets and shops as well as a wonderful French weekly market. Here you will also find tennis courts and a historic park with a mini-zoo and children’s playground. Across the summer there are some great events taking place. Just further north, resting on the banks of the Vienne River, is the medieval town of Chinon (32km). Follow the winding streets full of little shops and restaurants up to the castle and appreciate the history all around you. It’s also a wine producing town so be sure to stop off in one of the town’s caves where you can sample some local produce! Hire canoes for a leisurely afternoon by the river. There are some fantastic activities around the region from golf within an hour near Saumur or Fontevraud, horse-riding in the local countryside and both hiking and cycling routes nearby. Keen cyclists can head up to the Loire River and follow parts of the long Loire à Vélo trail along the riverside. The Saint Benoit Aventure (42km) tree-top climbing centre is a must for those seeking adventurous activities such as zip-lines, monkey bars and swings. The fantastic Futuroscope park (43km) is just half an hour away; a great day out for all the family with various amazing attractions and theatre shows. For a quieter time La Brenne nature reserve (97km) is worthy of a visit to the south-west with over 1000 ponds/lakes and an impressive amount of flora, fauna and wildlife, especially birds and butterflies. Bird lovers may also enjoy the spectacular shows in Chauvigny (50km) with birds from all over the world flying around the ruins of the castle. Tours (65km) is a wonderful place to visit not only for its fascinating history but also high-end gastronomy with some amazing markets across the city. Combine with a visit to one of the archetypal castles in this part of the valley including Château de Villandry (55km), Château Royal d'Amboise (85km) and Château de Chenonceau (78km). A little further but worth the drive is Château de Chambord (138km) which should be combined with a visit to the utterly beautiful town of Blois (127km) on the Loire river. For further exploring, head north-west to Saumur (67km), also resting on the Loire River, it has a reputation for its excellent restaurants, its famous equestrian school Cadre Noir and the delicious sparkling white wine which you can sample in the area. Visit the fairy-tale château, take a boat up the Loire river or hire canoes. Combine with a visit to the Fontevraud Abbey (53km) or the fascinating Troglodyte caves in Rochemenier (79km).
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €800 paid to the owner by bank transfer one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4:00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10:00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes. There are electric heaters in all rooms. Bathrooms have underfloor heating. There is a large open fire in the sitting room with log store in the barn.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, however guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Other Ts and Cs : Cot and highchair available on request.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Other Ts and Cs : The pool is open and heated from approximately early May to mid-October, dependent on weather.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and special events are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : The maximum number of guests is 10, made up of eight adults maximum and two children up to eight years (who can stay in the family room)
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included.