Fantastic 10 Bedroom 18th Century Estate With Over 1000 Hectares and Beautiful Gardens
When staying at Le Logis Du Général you are not only living in a beautiful and elegant home but you are also part of a stunning 18th century estate with exquisite gardens and over 100-hectares of glorious parkland in the Vendée.
With a fascinating history, this house was once the home of a famous general during the Vendée wars of the French Revolution. The estate is now a classified national historic monument and includes an impressive château on the grounds just a short walk from the house.
There are ten bedrooms across Le Logis Du Général, nine of which are housed in the elegant main house and adjacent annexe with a tenth bedroom in a more simple studio next door. The interiors of the house and annexe are superb with beautiful furnishings, ornate decoration and antique features throughout. The owners have taken great care to ensure a high level of comfort in such historical surroundings.
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Tennis Courts: Community
Outdoor Dining Area
Le Logis Du Général is a house set on a wonderful family estate which includes beautifully kept gardens, the estate’s own château and 100-hectares of parkland, ponds and grounds where guests may roam free. Located in the in the Vendée department, the nearest village is a 2.5km drive where you will find two bakeries, a supermarket and restaurant whilst the delightful town of Challans (8km) is a little further with further facilities, larger hypermarkets and a lovely old covered market on a Tuesday, Friday and Saturday morning. Drive to the Atlantic coast and discover broad sandy beaches at Saint-Jean-de-Monts (30km), a lovely family-friendly beach with a promenade ideal for gentle walking and cycling or feast on freshly grilled sardines in the charming town of Saint-Gilles-Croix-de-Vie (35km), where there is also the opportunity to try sea-fishing. Both places offer water-based activities such as sailing, surfing, water skiing or you can head to Fromentine (35km) for kite-surfing. Further south, Les Sables-d’Olonne (63km) is a delightful seaside town with a bustling seafront promenade and La Tranche-sur-Mer (88km) has 13km of sandy beaches backed by dunes. For a spectacular day out drive over to the island of Noirmoutier, attached to the mainland by a bridge or a causeway (when the tide is out!) and wonderful for its pine-backed beaches, traditional beach huts, rock pools and sampling fresh oysters in one of the beachside cafes. It’s an especially great area for cyclists with flat and beautiful trails across the island. Alternatively take a boat trip to the lovely L’Ile d’Yeu from the port in Fromentine (35km) and discover this wild island with a fantastic coastal path for walking as well as watersports such as scuba-diving, surfing, kayaking and sailing. Heading inland, explore the wetlands at Marais Poitevin which cover 45,000 hectares of canals and marshes with fascinating flora and fauna which can be discovered via the many walking and cycling trails across this region or by hiring a boat near the coast. As well as hiking and cycling and a great variety of water-based activities, guests can find horse-riding within a ten-minute drive, golf courses across the region as well as bowling and karting in Challans. There is also a great activity centre in Saint-Hilaire-de-Riez (33km), open from April to September, with tree-top activities for kids over 6 and a playground with mini-golf, paddle boats and mini-kart circuit for over 3s. Not forgetting the fabulous city of Nantes (43km) on the Loire River with its rich history and artistic vibe. It’s a must for food-lovers too with some amazing markets, on-trend restaurants and wonderful vineyards just outside the city centre.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £8000 charged to clients' credit card prior to the arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : From 3.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes (excluding heating, see below).
- Heating costs included? : Extra €500 per week, if required.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pool heating charge? : Yes. The swimming pool can be heated up to 24°C on requets at a weekly cost of €500. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Other Ts and Cs : The pool is open from approximately April to the end of September (cooler months may not be suitable for swimming).