Fabulous Stylish Contemporary 2 Bedroom Cottage in Whitby
Tucked on the hill-side of this stunning seaside town, Whitby Cottage is a perfectly traditional, beautifully restored 17th-century cottage for four very lucky guests!
Located right at the heart of this enchanting town, you’ll find getting out and about a total breeze, and will glimpse the delights of the town as you approach, whether by car or on foot. Entry to the home is down a small set of steps, and from the outset, the charm of the cottage is apparent. Stepping inside, the magnificent period paint colours and fabrics, alongside beamed ceilings, patterned furnishings and furniture of the time, will take you back hundreds of years!
Yet this renovation is anything but outdated, with fabulous contemporary comforts including a high-spec TV in each bedroom and the living room, a dazzling kitchen and superb modern bathrooms! Get cosy in front of the log burner as you admire the display cabinet and handcrafted...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Whitby is a charming seaside town of the east coast of North Yorkshire famous for its vampire legends and impressive whalebone arch. The vibrant River Esk splits the town in half, with the majestic Whitby Abbey on the East Cliff, a dazzling Gothic ruin steeped in history and the inspiration for Bram Stoker’s ‘Dracula’, and to the West is West Cliff Beach, with golden sands lined with beach huts. Climb the 199 steps to the Abbey and the Church of St. Mary for incredible views across the North Sea and watch the brightly coloured fishing vessels on the horizon! North Yorkshire is one of the UK’s most beautiful counties, home to the two vast National Parks of the Yorkshire Dales and the North York Moors, and bursting with history and tradition. Across the two national parks, you’ll find dramatic landscapes like that of Malham Cove, incredible scenery at every turn and always a warm welcome. There are two cities in the county: York and Ripon, the latter of which is, in fact, the oldest city in England. Both are deeply historical, teeming with glorious architecture including their Minster and Cathedral respectively, and winding cobbled streets. Meanwhile, the endless villages that can be found in nearly every valley are undoubtedly worth visiting. Pop in for a pint and get to know the friendly locals at the village pub or try out the many quaint cafes. Of course, you can’t leave Yorkshire without a taste of its famous parkin, Wensleydale cheese and rhubarb from The Yorkshire Rhubarb Triangle! Yorkshire is also home to some of the country’s best breweries, including Saltaire Brewery, the Black Sheep Brewery and Theakstons and you can enjoy a fine curry throughout the county. Dotted across the breath-taking landscape of North Yorkshire are a series of striking examples of former abbeys, mostly now ruins. The most famous (and deservedly so) are Fountains Abbey near Ripon and Bolton Priory at the southern tip of the Dales, right at the entrance to the National Park. Complete with a rather lovely café and ice cream shop and set on the riverside amid thriving forests and rolling hills, this is worth a visit for its magnificent location alone!
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £200 to be paid prior to arrival and to be refunded in full subject to a damage inspection on departure
- Arrival time : 4pm
- Departure time : 10am
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Internet access? : Yes, Wi-Fi is included in the rental price
- Changeover day : Saturday
- Minimum stay : Please note that there is a 3-night minimum stay, this nay be increased across peak dates
- Pets welcome? : No pets
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note: Children must be over 10 years old