Magnificent Serene 14 Bedroom Mansion in Suffolk
Sayer’s Mansion holds a truly magnificent position, set within five thousand acres of private grounds. Built in 1827 by Robert Sayer, who was once the Sheriff of Suffolk, the grade II* listed Georgian house makes a truly luxurious base for a special occasion, a family get-together or a reunion of friends.
Those fortunate enough to stay here, will get a sense of the grandeur on arrival, sweeping up the serpentine driveway and over the ornamental bridge, to be greeted with the honey coloured stone façade and iconic entrance pillars. The sense of opulence continues throughout the home, on the ground floor is the impressive living accommodation comprising of a number of reception rooms, including the drawing room, cosy Library, Moroccan-inspired TV room, formal dining room, ideal for special occasions, and the bright kitchen with relaxed breakfast dining facilities. Also on this level is the first of the bedrooms, a king-size...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Sayer's Mansion is set within a 5,000 acre Estate, there is a small cluster of country houses, luxury farmhouses and cottages set within the private grounds centered around Sayer’s Mansion. While the grounds, lakes and tennis court are shared with the guests of the other homes, the Estate has been carefully designed so that your group will retain plenty of privacy. The Estate is situated in a beautiful corner of East Anglia set just outside the Suffolk village of Yoxford and just a 10-minute car journey from popular Saxmundham, a market town which is just bursting with charm and boasts a variety of independent shops and excellent eateries. The closest coastal resorts of Aldeburgh and Southwold are both just a 20-minute car journey away, whether you choose to sample fish & chips in Aldeburgh or take a stroll along Southwold’s Pier, a fantastic day out is guaranteed. Southwold is home to the Adnam’s Brewery & Gin Distillery, one of the most modern breweries in the world, book a tour to discover just how they produce their beer or gin and enjoy a yummy sample at the end! The town of Framlingham, home to the 12th century Framlingham Castle, the internationally-known “Castle on the Hill”, is just a 20-minute drive away and is well worth a visit while in the area.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : Credit card details may be requested as a guarantee
- Arrival time : 4pm
- Departure time : 11am
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Internet access? : Yes, Wi-Fi is included in the rental price
- Changeover day : Any except Saturday
- Minimum stay : Please note that there is a minimum stay of 3-nights
- Pets welcome? : Yes, well-behaved dogs are allowed on a request basis at time of booking
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking
- Other Ts and Cs : There are other properties on the Estate and so the 5,000 acre private grounds, lakes and tennis court are shared, however your group will retain plenty of privacy.
- Other 2 : The outdoor swimming pool is shared with the other properties on the Esate and is open and heated between May - September (subject to weather conditions)