A tremendous villa in an enchanting part of central Italy, close to many of Le Marche’s prettiest medieval villages and towns, Villa Evelina is a picture-perfect residence for a relaxing holiday, a special celebration or a dreamy Italian wedding.
Experience the authenticity of this charming home which originally dates back to the 18th century and has played an important role in family life over the last 300 years. When the most recent owners fell in love with Villa Evelina in the 1990s it was in an incredibly poor state, yet two restorations later and a number of years of hard graft and loving determination, they have managed to create a wonderful abode that greatly respects its history whilst offering stylish furnishings and modern amenities.
Sixteen bedrooms are scattered across the grand main residence and two separate villas, all of which are set in a 2-acre estate with a glorious swimming pool, splendid...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Evelina is set on the edge of a hamlet/tiny village in the heart of central Italy in the beautiful Le Marche region. Look out towards glorious views of the romantic Macerata hills from one of the sun terraces. The nearest village with amenities is a 5km drive away where you will find a selection of restaurants and shops as well as charming cafes and bars. Explore this historic town, come across its incredible cathedral filled with artistic treasures, then relax with coffee or gelato in the main square watching the world goes by. Tolentino (14km) is another wonderful town to visit with its magnificent basilica, visited by pilgrims wishing to pay respect to the tomb of San Nicola da Tolentino. Admire the 14th century frescoes in the chapel followed by a wander through the pretty cloister, then explore the picturesque lanes and find the medieval clock tower. On the slopes of Mount San Vicino, visit Elcito (17km), known as the ‘Tibet of Le Marche’ over 800m above sea level, and be enchanted by its ancient houses. Keen walkers can hike in the surrounding beech forests, following trails through this stunning regional park. There are many other great cycling and hiking opportunities close by, as well as horse-riding stables within a ten-minute drive. Other popular activities in the region includes wine-tasting in the vineyards and wineries of Le Marche – the owner can help organise itineraries for you. The blue-flag beaches of Le Marche coastline are under an hour away, charming Civitanova Marche (53km) being the nearest coastal town. To the north is the stunning Riviera del Conero with wild nature, idyllic villages, amazing scenery and some coves only reached by foot or boat. Alternatively, drive further south to the Riviera delle Palme and great family-friendly resorts such as Grottammare (93km) and San Benedetto del Tronto (95km). Exploring inland, Macerata (28km) is home to the well-known annual Sferisterio opera festival whilst exquisite towns such as Fermo (70km) and Loreto (50km), both around an hour away, are also worthy of a visit. Further south, another highlight is Sarnano (40km), classified as one of Italy’s prettiest towns. Cross the border into Umbria and discover the medieval hilltop villages that this region is well-known for from verdant Gubbio (78km) to Spello (72km), Foligno (70km) and the world-famous town of Assisi (88km), around ninety minutes by car.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1500 charged to client’s credit card by the owner one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection. Alternatively, can be paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 - 8.00 p.m.
- Departure time : By 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : No, costs are extra based on consumption (typically €350-600 per week), payable locally.
- Heating costs included? : No, costs are extra based on consumption, payable locally.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €600, payable locally. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Changeover day : Saturday (other days on request outside of July/August).
- Minimum stay : 7 nights (late June to end-August) or 3 nights at other times on request.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to September. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Other Ts and Cs : The owners are currently making some alterations to their swimming pool – we will update guests with any changes once we have further details.
- Other Ts and Cs : Villa Evelina can sleep up to 48 people - 35 guests in the bedrooms plus an additional 13 using sofa-beds/extra beds which need to be requested in advance (please see the "Features" tab for exact layout). The owners will need to know guests’ sleeping arrangements in advance.
- Other Ts and Cs : 3 cots and 4 highchairs are available on request.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Other Ts and Cs : Air-conditioning is featured in 11 bedrooms only.