Villa Salvatore at Puglia
Within an idyllic area of olive groves and forest in the heart of Puglia countryside and close to historic cities and the scenic coast is grand Villa Salvatore. As well as being in a secluded and quiet part of the region, the villa itself sits within extensive outside grounds of over 20 acres. Tree-dotted and bordered gardens offer plenty of spaces to relax, socialise and soak up the tranquillity.
Villa Salvatore dates back to the 19th century, with it originally being the country residence of a noble family in the area. It has undergone a careful restoration to offer flexible accommodation for a larger group, with self-contained suites and a total of eight bedrooms sleeping up to 21 guests.
There’s a feeling of light, space and heritage throughout each of the bedrooms and suites, with star-vaulted ceilings and a selection of antique pieces in several. They all offer a mix of traditional charm and modern comforts,...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Surrounded by green and rambling gardens dotted with a range of typical Mediterranean trees and plants, Villa Salvatore is an oasis of peace and tranquillity. When you do want to explore the area outside of the vast estate, you'll find both city and coast within easy reach. And the nearest amenities, such as restaurants, bars, shops and supermarkets are all within a 10-minute drive. The coastal town of Otranto is just 15 minutes away by car. This laid-back town is a lovely place for a day out, with a harbour and an old town made up of narrow alleys and whitewashed houses. Otranto's most-known buildings include 15th-century Castello Aragonese and the cathedral. The Baia dei Turchi stretch with its sandy beaches is a little further up the coast. Spiaggia Alimini is one of the most popular and closest to the villa. Swim in calm waters, buy drinks and snacks, and hire sun loungers to relax on the immaculate sand. Around a 30-minute drive from the villa is the town of Galatina. It has an impressive historic centre and is full of buildings that span the centuries. Some date back to medieval times, with most being from the Baroque period. Two of the most beautiful churches are the Basilica di Santa Caterina d’Alessandria and Chiesa di Santa Maria della Grazia. Also enjoy strolling around the town, discovering tucked-away lanes and courtyards, as well as browsing its many shops. The city of Lecce is another nearby historic hotspot. It's also famous for its Baroque architecture and art and is often referred to as the 'Florence of the South'. Must-sees include the city's ancient sites and structures, such as the Roman amphitheatre. Lecce is also full of majestic churches, with the Church of the Holy Cross having a beautiful façade with various animals and grotesque figures.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 charged to client’s credit card by the owner as a pre-authorisation one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.30 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, fair usage policy applies. Excess charged extra, payable locally.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Changeover day : Saturday or Sunday.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Minimum stay : 6 nights.
- Heating costs included? : Yes, fair usage policy applies. Excess charged extra.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included.
- Pool towels included? : Yes, changed weekly.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to October. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are not allowed.