Torre del Drago at Puglia
Torre del Drago is a unique abode, with the feeling of being set in the woods, surrounded by the scent of pines and palms, brimming with rustic charm, original materials and timeless taste, in the wonderful southernmost part of Puglia.
The outdoor grounds offer a mystical haven of tranquillity and serenity, artfully un-manicured, with any array of different nooks and secret corners. There is a a delightful dining area as well as an elegant covered pavilion, surrounded by original stone cobbled walls and intricate pathways.
The raised decking around the pool is set amid a mystical forest, with pretty terracotta pots and the pool on a raised platform where the sounds and scents of nature create a wonderful setting for taking a morning dip or an evening cool-down, perhaps with a glass of wine on hand to follow.
The charming rustic exterior works in harmony with the interiors, brimming with natural flair...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Torre del Drago is nestled just a short distance from a stretch of the coast just north of Santa Marina di Leuca. The coast is only 500m away and there is a beautiful sandy bay just to the north, a five-minute drive away. Santa Marina di Leuca (4.2km) is known for its opulent beauty and stunning architecture. Santa Maria di Leuca is the point of the peninsula's stiletto heel, known in Greek as “Leukos”, meaning brilliant sun, while the Romans knew it as “the place at the end of the earth,” Leuca is also unique for its setting on a promontory between two seas, the Ionian and Adriatic. The Salento region is home to some of Italy's most romantic villages towns: the island sea front town of Gallipoli (44km) and beautiful Otranto (60km), the historic sophistication of Lecce (82km) and some of Puglia’s prettiest villages such as Specchia (22km), Maglie (44km) and historic Muro Leccese (42km). With both rocky coastline and long stretches of golden beach, Salento is a haven for sea-lovers. From the southernmost tip near Leuca, stretching up to Gallipoli, is a continuous expanse of golden sand and rocky ledges and coves with dazzling, azure waters. On the East side, the Adriatic coastline is more varied, offering sandy beaches, Karstic grottoes, chalk cliffs and salt-water lagoons. The region is known for its olive oil production, as can be seen by the surrounding stretches of olive groves as well as white-washed hilltop villages, old farmland and many kilometres of Mediterranean coastline.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €200 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 5.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : All linen and bath towels are provided.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights in August, 5 nights during all other periods.
- Changeover day : Saturday in August. Flexible during all other periods.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Other Ts and Cs : This property can accommodate a seventh guest on the sofa bed at an additional cost - please see the 'Features' tab for further details and enquire for more information.