Farmhouse Liena at
There’s an attractive Mediterranean feel to Farmhouse Liena, a 3-bedroom property in Xewkija, around 3km from the centre of Victoria on the Maltese island of Gozo. This elegantly furnished holiday home includes a secluded, private terrace and a delightful 3m x 2m swimming pool.
The house is less than 10 minutes’ drive from all the amenities of the island’s capital, Victoria. There are many café terraces and restaurants to discover around the town, as well as plenty of shops. You are sure to be charmed by its old stone buildings and relaxed character.
At Farmhouse Liena, you have a beautiful outdoor pool with a chilled-out sun terrace right next to it. There is a barbecue and dining area, as well as a quartet of sun loungers in this space, which offers privacy and peace.
Step inside and you are straight into the main living area, which offers comfortable seating, TV and a dining table and chairs. The...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Around 20-30 minutes’ ferry ride from Malta itself, the island of Gozo provides a quieter and less tourist-heavy experience than its neighbour. The second-largest of the three inhabited Maltese islands, at around 13km by 6.5km, it’s home to approximately 37,000 people – its residents being known as Gozitans. The capital, Rabat, is the centre of the action, but is by no means a metropolis. Alternatively known as Victoria (avoiding confusion with the Rabat on Malta), its fortified city and the surrounding Old Town are well worth a visit from a historical point of view, with a variety of museums on hand to provide further details. Among them are the Cathedral Museum, the Folklore Museum and a Museum of Archaeology. The grand St George’s Basilica is a must-see located right in the centre of town, and the church’s magnificent works of art and impressive architecture only add to its status as one of the most important on the island. The Old Prison offers a different but equally fascinating look at the island’s past, and forms part of a heritage tour which allows you to visit a variety of Victoria’s notable sights. Victoria offers a good range of shopping, with several malls and a daily market on Independence Square. For a little bit of peace and quiet, the pretty Villa Rundle Gardens are a good bet, and provide some nice spaces for families. Due to the island’s small size, it doesn’t take long to reach some of Gozo’s other places of interest from Victoria, although public transport isn’t always that reliable. You can, however, bring a hire car across from Malta on the ferry, at an additional cost. Locations you might want to check out include beaches like Ramla-I-Hamra and San Blas Bay on the northern coast, and the Dwerja inland sea. This was, until quite recently, the site of the Azure Window, a rock arch which became something of a local icon and a popular visitor attraction until events took their toll and it finally collapsed. Even without it, however, the beach at Dwerja is one of the most pleasant on the island. Gozo also offers some incredibly scenic walks. Tal-Merżuq Hill is a hard but rewarding climb, while the valley of Wied l-Għasri takes you down to the sea where divers often explore the underwater caves. Head up to the remote coastal spot of Xwejni for some wonderful star-gazing opportunities – they also say you can see the tail-lights of the cars on Sicily on a clear summer night.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : Credit card details may be requested as guarantee
- Arrival time : 4pm
- Departure time : 10am
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Bed linen and bath towels are included in the rental price. Please bring your own pool towels.
- Energy costs included? : Power for lighting, cooking and sockets is.
- The house has fans and air conditioning in the bedrooms, for both cold air and heat. The air conditioning units are operated using one and two euro coins.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included in rental price
- Minimum stay : 7 nights
- Changeover day : Saturday across July & August, any day for the remainder of the year
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed
- Smoking Allowed? : Not permitted
- Tax : Eco Tax in force from 1st June 2016 to be paid by all tourists over the age of 18 as follows: €0.50 per guest per night, capped at a maximum of 10 nights per stay (i.e. Eur 5.00 per guest). The tax contribution will be collected upon arrival by the property owner.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.