Delightful two-bedroom farmhouse near town centre and sea
Located just outside the island’s capital, Victoria, Farmhouse Bertu is a delightful 2-bedroom holiday home, well placed for exploring the sights of Gozo. Just 2km from the town and the sea, this property provides a stylish introduction to the area, and offers a stunning outdoor pool alongside some impressive interiors.
Ideal for up to five guests, Farmhouse Bertu enjoys a quiet location on the outskirts of Xagħra, between Victoria and the beaches of the northern coast. The house is elegant both inside and out, with golden, bare stone walls and large windows bringing in lots of natural light. The 2m x 2m outdoor pool is a real highlight, and is accompanied by sun loungers and a covered dining area.
Inside, the living area is equally inviting. There’s a cosy seating area with TV, and a dining area with seating for four at the table. A wood-burning stove keeps the whole space warm, should you need it. Just next to...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
The Maltese island of Gozo provides a quieter experience than its larger neighbour, the island of Malta itself. Home to fewer than 40,000 people, it’s around 25 minutes away by ferry. The fortified city of Rabat, the capital, is charming and the home of many of the island’s key sites. Alternatively known as Victoria, it offers plenty of historical interest, with a variety of museums such as the Cathedral Museum, a Folklore Museum and a Museum of Archaeology. St George’s Basilica is a must-see church in the centre of Victoria, and its magnificent works of art and architecture give it real status on Gozo. Heritage tours are available to join, which guide you around many of the town’s key sights, such as The Old Prison. Victoria offers excellent shopping, with a daily market on Independence Square and quite a few malls with some familiar stores. Areas of green space, like the pretty Villa Rundle Gardens, offer a peaceful place to unwind and offer good family facilities. To explore the rest of the island, a car is perhaps your best bet – you can hire one in Malta and bring it across on the ferry for a surcharge. Beaches such as Ramla-I-Hamra and San Blas Bay on the northern coast are particularly beautiful, and the Dwerja inland sea is another popular spot. Until recently, this was the site of the Azure Window, a rock arch which was its star attraction until events took their toll and it finally collapsed. The beach at Dwerja is one of the nicest on Gozo, so it’s still well worth a visit. Some incredibly scenic walks also await you. Try traversing the valley of Wied l-Għasri or heading up Tal-Merżuq Hill – both will reward you with captivating views. When night falls, there’s no better place to stare at the stars than the remote coastal spot of Xwejni, known for its wonderfully clear skies.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : Credit card details may be requested as guarantee
- Arrival time : 4pm
- Departure time : 10am
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Bed linen and bath towels are included in the rental price. Please bring your own pool towels.
- Energy costs included? : Power for lighting, cooking and sockets is.
- The house has fans and air conditioning in the bedrooms, for both cold air and heat. The air conditioning units are operated using one and two euro coins.
- > If not included, how much to hire? : The house has fans and air conditioning in the bedrooms, for both cold air and heat. The air conditioning units are operated using one and two euro coins.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included in rental price
- Minimum stay : 5 -7 nights
- Changeover day : Saturday across July & August, any day for the remainder of the year
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed
- Smoking Allowed? : Not permited
- Tax : Eco Tax in force from 1st June 2016 to be paid by all tourists over the age of 18 as follows: €0.50 per guest per night, capped at a maximum of 10 nights per stay (i.e. Eur 5.00 per guest). The tax contribution will be collected upon arrival by the property owner.
- Security deposit :
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.