Serene three-bedroom holiday home with private pool
Sharps Farmhouse is a serene, simple and understated home-from-home set in a charmingly rustic spot on the outskirts of Ghasri on the island of Gozo. Brimming with authentic, local island charm, emanating rustic style and cosy warmth, guests will immediately feel at ease.
Six guests can be accommodated across three bedrooms and three bathrooms with endless potential for stylish outdoor living, with a 7th guest sleeping in an extra bed. The garden is like stepping into an Italian courtyard, with the glistening pool as the centrepiece, framed with sleek terrace and indulgent loungers, surrounded by rolling hills and island landscapes.
Brimming with local flavour, low key open plan living features a natural indoor-outdoor fusion, while understated living is very much in keeping with the Gozitan style; flag tile flooring, natural stone and exposed beams. Despite this home being characterised by farmhouse appeal, all...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Sharps Farmhouse is set in a beautiful spot outside the charming village of Ghasri, set a short distance inland from Gozo’s northwest coast, in the Maltese Archipelago. Għasri is the smallest village in Gozo. The village lies tucked between the hills of iz-Zebbug and Għammar. The village is famous for the Ta’ Gurdan (lighthouse) which stands proudly at the top of the Ġurdan Hill above the village, reaching 190m above sea level, its beam visible from 50km distance; visitors who reach its summit will be treated to 360-degree views of the island. Gozo is the sister island of Malta, accessible by a 25-minute ferry crossing from Malta, it is the second-largest island in the archipelago, and the second largest of the three inhabited Maltese Islands. With a population of just 37,000 (7,000 of these in the capital Rabat, also known as Victoria), the island covers an area of 26 square miles. Gozo is a beautiful island, like stepping into Malta in years gone-by, offering a slower pace of life, friendly locals, wonderful sea-food and a temperate year-round climate, with wonderful countryside, local village life, original fishing villages and local crafts, with endless stretches of coastline. Less commercial and industrialised than Malta, it has a rich history and heritage from the awe-inspiring Megalithic Ggantija Temples to the Citadel and the magnificent St George’s Basilica in the island’s capital, Victoria (also known as Rabat), while ancient villages such as Gharb on the most westerly point have revealed Bronze Age settlement remains. From any point in Gozo, the sea is no more than ten minutes away and the gentle currents keep it clear and clean making it an ideal destination for diving, fishing and sea kayaking. Ramla Beach is known for its red sands and is one of the island’s finest, while trips out on boat trips to the surrounding islands make for stunning days out. The capital offers a bustling and colourful array of local culture, plazas and flower-filled terraces to watch the world go by, historical sites and summer open-air concerts. Known for its exquisite seafood and family-friendly atmosphere, this unique island is a gem worth discovering.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : There is no damage deposit, however guests should be aware that they are fully resonsible for any loss or damaged caused during their stay.
- Arrival time : 4pm
- Departure time : 10am
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival.
- Linen & towels included? : Bed linen and bath towels are included in the rental price. Please bring your own pool towels.
- Energy costs included? : Energy costs are included, except air-conditioning which is operated with 1 and 2 euro coins (€1 can last up to 1 hour)
- Internet access? : The property has complimentary Wi-fi connection. It is good to note that the speed is dependent on local provider and technical issues may cause reduced speed or cut of service.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights from mid-July to mid-September. 4 nights otherwise
- Changeover day : Flexible
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed
- Smoking Allowed? : Not permitted
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Tax : The ecotax is €0.50/night for all guests over 18 years of age, capped at €5/person per stay. To be paid on arrival
- Other Ts and Cs : One cot is provided free of charge. Second cot and highchairs are €5/day per item