Wonderful Minimalistic 3 Bedroom Waterfront Home in County Donegal
Spectacular Tuath na Mara holds a wonderful, waterfront position within County Donegal, a county considered to be one of Ireland’s most beautiful with its dramatic scenery and unspoilt landscape.
Tuath na Mara is a completely unique home, designed by award-winning MacGabhann Architects, it was designed to appear free-floating amongst the rugged coastal surroundings. The home can comfortably accommodate up to seven guests across its three architect-designed minimalist bedrooms, while an additional two guests can make use of a handy sofa bed in one of the living areas. Tuath na Mara is set over one level, on the south-facing section of the house, is a spacious, open-plan living and dining area with a fully-equipped kitchen area. The accommodation is mirrored and so a second open-plan living space with kitchen area can also be found at the other end of the home. Doors can divide the space into two, making it ideal for two...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
Beds & Bath
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Tuath na Mara is located in County Donegal, a country situated on the north-westerly tip of Ireland. County Donegal is often considered to be the “wild child” of Ireland, due to its rugged scenery and sublime beaches. The home makes a fantastic base for those wanting to explore the great outdoors with plenty for the whole family to see, do and explore in the surrounding area. Glenveagh National Park, a remote and hauntingly beautiful wilderness of rugged mountains, pristine lakes, tumbling waterfalls and enchanted native oak woodland is just 45-minutes away, or choose to stay closer to home and enjoy a scenic drive to Fanad Lighthouse, less than 15-minutes away. While Tuath na Mara's closest beach is reachable on foot, Ballymastocker Beach is considered to be one of the areas most beautiful and is less than 15-minutes from your front door! While those fortunate enough to enjoy a stay at Tuath na Mara will feel a million miles away from any hustle and bustle, helpful amenities can be found in Portsalon, less than a 10-minute drive away. Further amenities can also be found in the larger towns of Milford and Rathmullan, both less than 25-minutes away. The market town of Letterkenny, the largest town in Donegal, offers a far wider selection of attractions and amenities and is just a 40-minute car journey from home. Here, the whole family will enjoy a visit to Tropical World with its butterfly house, mini zoo and indoor play area, while the Arena 7 Entertainment Complex offers bowling, laser quest, soft play, arcades and pool! For keen golfers, Portsalon Golf Club is a real hidden gem and is just 10-minutes away.
Let’s try that again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £500 for groups of 6 or more, £350 for groups of less than 6 - credit card authorisation to be taken prior to travel and released in full subject to a damage inspection on departure
- Arrival time : 4pm
- Departure time : 10am
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Changeover day : Typically, Saturday - other days may be possible at certain times on a request basis
- Minimum stay : Please note that there is a 3-night minimum stay, this may be increased across peak dates
- Pets welcome? : A maximum of 2 well-behaved dogs are allowed on a request basis at time of booking.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking
- Other Ts and Cs : Stag Do's are not allowed.