Fabulous Chic 1 Bedroom with Sleek Private Terrace on Clifftop Overlooking the Sunday River and Enthralling Savannah
Suite Sunset, so aptly named, is nestled in an exclusive eco-lodge in the heart of the Nambiti Game reserve, close to the South Africa’s UNESCO status Drakensberg Park. Finessed with style and grace by its Parisian owners, the lodge blends the finest of Zulu warmth and hospitality, fine dining, luxe extras and proximity to unharnessed wilderness.
Perched on the dramatic edge of a cliffside, overlooking the Sunday River and the enthralling savannah, Suite Sunset has a sleek private terrace, with a thrilling outdoor shower experience and chic interiors offering a cosy retreat at the end of a busy day on safari.
The lodge offers the best of a discreet get-away along with convivial spaces, including boma, fire pit, and fine dining under the stars in the award-winning restaurant which fuses African flavours with Gallic influences. Guests can gather together at the end of the day, can enjoy a hot hair balloon ride, or a...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Set in the heart of the Nambiti Game Reserve, Suite Sunset is 2.5-3 hours drive time from both Durban and Johannesburg, in the region of the UNESCO status Drakensberg Park, lies this stunning lodge, complete with private rangers who are experts in their field, award-winning cuisine and an array of other services. Within 25 minutes, the local town of Ladysmith, which is brimming with history and local flavour, while guests can enjoy hiking, mountain biking and trekking in the region. For something special, a hot air balloon trip can be arranged, or a pampering massage treatment after a busy day. Set in the KwaZulu Natal Province, the Drakensberg mountain range is more than 200 kilometres long and combines rugged peaks with luscious valleys and spectacular scenes. Creating a natural border between the kingdom of Lesotho and the province of KwaZulu-Natal. Its name, Drakensberg, translates to “dragon mountains” in a nod to its dramatic silhouette. With fine dining, a stunning infinity pool, communal areas and pampering massages, heading back to the lodge after a day out in the wild will be a pleasure.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : Credit card details requested as guarantee
- Arrival time : 12pm (noon). An additional charge of R1500 (£70 approx) per person will be charged if arrival at the gate before 11am or if departure from the logde after 12pm
- Departure time : 10am
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival.
- Linen & towels included? : Bed linen, bath and pool towels are included in the rental price.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in rental price.
- Internet access? : Complimentary Wi-Fi internet access included in the main lodge only. No phone reception.
- Minimum stay : 3 nights
- Changeover day : Flexible
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed
- Smoking Allowed? : Smoking & Vaping are not permitted.
- Tax : Not included: Menu alcoholic beverages, mineral water, soft drinks, telephone calls, gratuities, curios, Nambiti Private Game Reserve charge per person per stay, Conservation Levy per day and Rhino Levy, payable on day of departure.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Other Ts and Cs : Children over the age of 6 are welcome, an extra bed can be arranged for a fee