Stunning Chic Clifftop Retreat in Nambiti Reserve in the Heart of Zulu
Situated in the stunning Nambiti Reserve, between Johannesburg and Durban, in the heart of Zulu land, this luxurious African lodge hosts ten to fifteen guests in unrivalled comfort, style and proximity to raw, unharnessed nature.
For a family reunion or celebration, Esiweni Lodge offers a little slice of magic, in the heart of one of South Africa’s finest resorts. With capacity for five children, a total of 15 guests can be welcomed, with warm, Zulu hospitality, impeccable services and chic living spaces, blending the best of private suites together with convivial spaces.
Perched on a dramatic clifftop, this chic retreat blends local Zulu flavour, a thrilling safari experience and dazzling cuisine, with exclusivity woven into its fabric.
When authentic meets lavish, against the mystical beauty of the Drakensburg, something magical happens. Impeccable service, ethically-sourced cuisine and personal...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Meal Included: All Inclusive
Nestled in the heart of the Nambiti Reserve, between Johannesburg and Durban, in the heart of Zulu land, Esiweni offers unparalleled access to nature and wildlife. Twenty-five minutes from the local town of Ladysmith, in the northwest of the KwaZulu-Natal province, Nambiti is the region’s only reserve which, in addition to the “big five” has more than 40 other animal species including black rhinoceros and cheetahs, and on top of this there are some 280 species of birds. Ladysmith itself has a wealth of historical interest, with a Siege Museum and battlefield memorials to visit. The Drakensberg mountain range (translating as “dragon” mountains), is more than 200 kilometres long and combines craggy peaks with luscious valleys and strikingly rugged silhouettes, creating a natural border between the kingdom of Lesotho and the province of KwaZulu-Natal. Heading into the UNESCO status park, visitors can enjoy hiking, rafting, horseback riding, biking, 4 x 4, fly fishing and boating. For something a little extra special, a hot air balloon ride can be arranged - what a magnificent way to enjoy the unrivalled beauty of the region! With fine dining, a stunning infinity pool, communal areas and pampering massages, heading back to the lodge after a day out in the wild will be a pleasure, or sinking into the infinity pool followed by a sumptuous meal under the stars! One of Africa’s most exclusive private reserves, Esiweni Lodge is a mystical setting offering an extraordinary up-close encounter with the animals of the savannah, including lions, leopards, elephants, giraffes and zebras prowling their natural habitat.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : Credit card details requested as guarantee
- Arrival time : 12pm (noon). An additional charge of R1500 (£70 approx) per person will be charged if arrival at the gate before 11am or if departure from the logde after 12pm
- Departure time : 11am
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival.
- Linen & towels included? : Bed linen, bath and pool towels are included in the rental price.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in rental price.
- Internet access? : Complimentary Wi-Fi internet access included in the main lodge only. No phone reception.
- Minimum stay : 3 nights
- Changeover day : Flexible
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed
- Smoking Allowed? : Smoking & Vaping are not permitted.
- Tax : Not included: Menu alcoholic beverages, mineral water, soft drinks, telephone calls, gratuities, curios, Nambiti Private Game Reserve charge per person per stay, Conservation Levy per day and Rhino Levy, payable on day of departure.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Other Ts and Cs : Children under the age of 6 are welcome on request only and with prior agreement with the owner.